“Good stay, had better residence inn experiences”

Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Yokneam, Israel
“Good stay, had better residence inn experiences”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

It was a good stay, the staff were freindly, breakfast stanadrd, clean as always the training room was extremely small.
The room was like always, when are they going to switch to modern media technologies?
Laundry room was okay, everything worked.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff was more friendly or welcoming! The Assistant Gemeral Manager, Cecilia, was incredibly welcoming, even calling our room after we were settled in to make sure everything was ok with the room.

I sure hope this Marriott understands what a gem they have in this personable young lady, she made the stay in Sacramento even more enjoyable than I expected it to be. I honestly thought service like this was a thing of the past.

The room was clean and kept that way by the staff which were also outstanding. There was plenty of room for relaxing and visiting with family which was one of the purposes of our trip.

If I had a complaint it would be the relative softness of the mattress as I am used to a more firm one. It did not detract from the rest of the stay.

Room Tip: Talk to the assistant general manager, Cecilia.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Roseville, California
Reviewed 2 January 2011

When I was staying at this Hotel, there was a Fire Alarm in the morning that caused the Guests to grab their vital items and run (like myself) down the hall and stairway, just to be told by the Hotel Manager that it was a False Alarm, with the Alarm still sounding.

When I yelled at him because my heart was beating so fast (after running down a long hallway and 3 flights of stairs and then the hallway out to the Front Desk, I was told to "Shut Up" and "Get Out" of the Hotel --- that I wasn't welcome there any more.

Moreover, I was told when I went back to my room by another Guest, that she had been staying there for 4 months and the hotel had 3 false alarms in that time.

This is not only a safety issue but a sad fact that it was a Marriott Hotel, which I usually would recommend to anyone, especially since I am a "Platinum" member.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jlm333
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We recently stayed at the newly decorated Residence Inn in Folsom. We have stayed there three times in the past year and love the staff, the hotel in general, the comfortable rooms, and of course the great breakfast. This time, however, we got a newly decorated room with the new "couch" and whoever sold this piece of furniture to Marriott sold them a bill of goods. It is a chaise lounge type with one arm extremely high (you have to lift your arm to put it up there) and the other arm non-existant (no place to rest your arm). For business travelers I guess when your only in the room a couple hours and then normally sitting at the desk this might be ok. For those of us who travel for leisure and are actually in the room for quite a few hours each day, it was the most uncomfortable living room I have ever been in, in all the suite hotels we have stayed at. We are planning to stay at the Residence Inn in Chesapeake, Va in the near future and I actually called the front desk to make sure their rooms had not been redecorated yet. It has not, so we will stay there, but the person on the phone did ask if I meant the "red couches" they are going to be getting in the future. If this is the only type of couch available in the future for all Residence Inns, I will be finding another suite hotel. It's sad that this one piece of furniture made my stay so miserable. Shame on you Marriott for not actually trying this out on customers before putting them in your hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2009

There is a reviewer on this site that is using several alias names. He's either "horatio559" or 'car-lover-roadster". All of his inputs for the Marriott brand hotels are negative and he seems to be creating stories to scare customers away from the hotels. Just wanted to alert everyone!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
El Dorado Hills
Reviewed 21 August 2009

NOT SAFE......Our friend's pick-up truck was stolen from the hotel parking lot and later found stripped in Rancho Cordova! At least his enclosed car trailer with his prized hot rod was not stolen. He had disconnected his truck from the trailer to do some errands and did not hooked it back up for the night. The truck was stolen sometime between 9:00PM and midnight. In addition to our friend's loss, the hotel staff was not very accommodating to his needs or displayed any empathy for his loss. Parking lot not safe for your vehicle!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Car-Lover-Roadster
Chile
Reviewed 14 May 2008

This is a newish Residence Inn and I found the sound insulation between rooms very bad for a residence inn. I could hear the lady next door coughing and the everytime the guy upstairs moved around I could hear him. One side of the hotel faces out onto the freeway E50 so it is also noisy. The other side of the hotel faces out onto a carpark which is quieter except for car alarms, the guy outside my window with the Harley with open pipes at 5.30am each day I was there. Also this was expensive at $179 per night. I asked to get moved to another room buy I got the usual story that they were fully booked - I was checking in at 3.00pm and I'm sure there are other people checking in later that day so why can't they just swap me to another room for someone arriving later.

The place was clean, the internet fast, good hot water, nice pool and excercise areas.

• Liked — Fast Internet and pool
  • Disliked — Poor sound insulation, difficulty in changing rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)