“Third time staying in this hotel. It never disappoints.”

Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Third time staying in this hotel. It never disappoints.”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is always clean and reliable. Lots of restaurants within walkng distance. Nice indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Im not one to complain but in the middle of July and hot and their air conditioner does not work right. I feel it is best to say something for others can make another choice. It has a great rating, but maybe noone has got the room I was in 118 1 bedroom suite. the air conditioner are all in a closet next to the bed go figure and in my case it sounded like a frieght train all night.Very small rooms. I was told by Henry the mainteance guy who was awesome that about 6 or 7 of them don't work and they need to get a new system You can only move the degrees down 2 degrees at a time until you have reached your desired temp but in my case it froze up before I could do that.. Cecilia at the front desk was nice but blamed me for turning the air down which I did not do. Besides it being very hot it was also very noisy. was booked for 6 nights stayed one and moved to Larkspur which seems to be 100% better much nicer and a whole lot less expensive 139. for a 1 bedroom suite its very nice, clean and the air works great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank serenity7art
Yokneam, Israel
Reviewed 27 May 2011

It was a good stay, the staff were freindly, breakfast stanadrd, clean as always the training room was extremely small.
The room was like always, when are they going to switch to modern media technologies?
Laundry room was okay, everything worked.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I have never stayed in a hotel where the staff was more friendly or welcoming! The Assistant Gemeral Manager, Cecilia, was incredibly welcoming, even calling our room after we were settled in to make sure everything was ok with the room.

I sure hope this Marriott understands what a gem they have in this personable young lady, she made the stay in Sacramento even more enjoyable than I expected it to be. I honestly thought service like this was a thing of the past.

The room was clean and kept that way by the staff which were also outstanding. There was plenty of room for relaxing and visiting with family which was one of the purposes of our trip.

If I had a complaint it would be the relative softness of the mattress as I am used to a more firm one. It did not detract from the rest of the stay.

Room Tip: Talk to the assistant general manager, Cecilia.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Roseville, California
Reviewed 2 January 2011

When I was staying at this Hotel, there was a Fire Alarm in the morning that caused the Guests to grab their vital items and run (like myself) down the hall and stairway, just to be told by the Hotel Manager that it was a False Alarm, with the Alarm still sounding.

When I yelled at him because my heart was beating so fast (after running down a long hallway and 3 flights of stairs and then the hallway out to the Front Desk, I was told to "Shut Up" and "Get Out" of the Hotel --- that I wasn't welcome there any more.

Moreover, I was told when I went back to my room by another Guest, that she had been staying there for 4 months and the hotel had 3 false alarms in that time.

This is not only a safety issue but a sad fact that it was a Marriott Hotel, which I usually would recommend to anyone, especially since I am a "Platinum" member.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jlm333
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We recently stayed at the newly decorated Residence Inn in Folsom. We have stayed there three times in the past year and love the staff, the hotel in general, the comfortable rooms, and of course the great breakfast. This time, however, we got a newly decorated room with the new "couch" and whoever sold this piece of furniture to Marriott sold them a bill of goods. It is a chaise lounge type with one arm extremely high (you have to lift your arm to put it up there) and the other arm non-existant (no place to rest your arm). For business travelers I guess when your only in the room a couple hours and then normally sitting at the desk this might be ok. For those of us who travel for leisure and are actually in the room for quite a few hours each day, it was the most uncomfortable living room I have ever been in, in all the suite hotels we have stayed at. We are planning to stay at the Residence Inn in Chesapeake, Va in the near future and I actually called the front desk to make sure their rooms had not been redecorated yet. It has not, so we will stay there, but the person on the phone did ask if I meant the "red couches" they are going to be getting in the future. If this is the only type of couch available in the future for all Residence Inns, I will be finding another suite hotel. It's sad that this one piece of furniture made my stay so miserable. Shame on you Marriott for not actually trying this out on customers before putting them in your hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2009

There is a reviewer on this site that is using several alias names. He's either "horatio559" or 'car-lover-roadster". All of his inputs for the Marriott brand hotels are negative and he seems to be creating stories to scare customers away from the hotels. Just wanted to alert everyone!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family