“Exceeds typical Courtyard Standards”

Courtyard Sacramento Folsom
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was our first stay at this Courtyard by Marriott, and we were very pleased in general with all aspects of the stay. The service was incredibly good - friendly and accomodating front desk personnel. The rooms and common areas were very clean, and the beds comfortable. Rooms were more than adequate in size as were the accompanying baths. The ice machines are located in closed-off rooms, so they do not generate noise for folks in nearby rooms - a nice touch. They have a pool and small fitness center, but we did not use during our stay. They also have a small bistro serving breakfast and other items. Conveniently located off of Route 50 and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. The Marriott points rewards category is very reasonable for the quality of this hotel. We will certainly stay here again when returning to the area.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are on the side facing away from route 50
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for business this past week. Typical Courtyard in amenities but service staff was excellent. Always greeted me when I arrived and left. Hotel was clean. Gym equipment all worked and seemed up to date however, no weights to use. Lots of places to eat and shop nearby.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a very clean & comfortable room here. Very nice hotel & lobby. Within walking distance to eateries & shops. No free coffee or breakfast though-our one complaint. Our kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Free Internet as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We took advance of a discount through Southwest Airlines to stay at this hotel, which was conveniently located to a family reunion. We were just delighted! The service was outstanding: Suzanne, who was the reservation and desk clerk, was helpful and considerate, whether it was aranging an early check-in, helping us print a boarding pass or finding a place to go for a walk. The room was spotless, roomy, and very comfortable--except for an odd TV arrangement. The fitness room is small, but has three different cardio machines and a limited set of free weights--all I needed. The bistro served a tasty, light breakfast and Peete's coffee. We'll definitely stay here again: it's a great value, only 40 minutes from the Sacramento airport and close to fun recreational sites.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Pool is very cold, management did not care to fix the temperature
Noisy air condition
No free breakfast
Internet too slow

We try to use their pool as advertised, heated pool, and it is too cold to swim, we informed the staffs many times and they did not bother to fix it. The air condition at night is too loud.

DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL..........-50 rating

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I booked a reservation for Jan 30 2014, but had to cancel because i decided to stay at Residence Inn by Marriott. Called to cancel before i booked with Residence Inn. They cancelled my reservation and told me they would issue a refund. Five calls later after two weeks, each staff gave me a different answer regarding my cancellation and refund. The latest one insisted that i booked through a third party website when i repeatedly told her that i booked directly and won't issue a refund. Eventually, she told me that the hotel manager would call me but of course never heard from the manager. Now i have no other option but file a chargeback with my issuing bank. I would give this hotel a negative rating if i could.
Marriott please train your staff properly. There are many ways to handle customer inquiries, but misrepresenting information and lying are not the options for any business.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Amy D, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

I truly regret that we did not handle the situation better and I apologize for not responding to your request immediatley. I have followed-up with my team to ensure such situation does not recur. We did credit your account and hope that it does reflect on your statement. Thank you for letting us know. I would greatly appreciate you giving us another chance. I know we can provide a better service than what you have experienced.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel appears to be new. It is certainly fresh. The staff was very friendly and I found it to be quiet. The exercise room is very small though. It has two treadmills, an elyptical and a bike and they are crowded together. There are also free weights. I got to the room at 5:50 a.m. and all the machines were occupied. Could be a fluke but you might plan accordingly. Fortunately I only had to wait 10 minutes. I also thought the room was warm. On the opposite end of fitness, there is a Frank Fat's Asian Bistro right next door and walking distance. (Fat's is very popular and a part of Sacramento history. The original restaurant downtown was opened in the 1930s.) The area is very safe and Folsom in general is a nice town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Amy D, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Folsom, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

We are so happy you ejoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know about the fitness room. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having it available for you during the time you needed to be in there. It is nice to know that the fitness room is being utilized. We also have a partnership with California Fitness at a discount rate for our hotels guests for daily use. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Folsom. Thank you again for staying with us. Have a great Holiday and Happy New Years.