“Nice Happy Hour” 3 of 5 bubbles

Q'bole
Ranked #28 of 265 Restaurants in Folsom
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Folsom, California, United States
“Nice Happy Hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

$2 beers and chips and salsa!! One of the best in town. Fun place on the outskirts of downtown Folsom. Within walking distance to all the fun places on Sutter St.

Visited January 2013

Sacramento, California
“Hot Sauce!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

The hot sauce is unique and has a kick. Prices are higher than most but the portions are large. Our server was very good and he kept our Ice Tea filled. Hubby had the O'bole burritto and it was huge and filled with lots of meat. He gave it an 8. I had my usual Cheese Enchilada and Taco and i chose black beans ( yummy) and Cilantro rice ( yummy). The chicken Taco was filled with shredded meat and then you can add the lettuce, tomato and cheese from the side garnish which I thought a great idea. Good presentation.

West Sacramento, California
“High Class Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Great food. Comfortable dining area. Bur, Most of the tables are high, bar area types, but are too small.

Last summer the air conditioning unit broke down. I hope it was repaired; staff gave conflicting answers. Now, we go on rather cooler days.

Still, one of my very farvorite restaurants!

1 Thank Pat H
MS
“Looking for a little spice...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

... but didn't find any here
I like spice. Maybe a little heat. Something just bursting with flavor. I'd read some favorable reviews of O'bole so gave it a try. Wrong choice.
The atmosphere and service were very nice. The tables were not crowded together and it was very comfortable. Service was prompt and efficient. It's gonna start going downhill from here. The server took my drink order and brought a basket of tortilla chips and salsa. The chips obviously came out of a bag. The salsa wasn't bad, but neither was it particularly good. No heat at all. Not even a spark. I started to ask for some chili powder or hot sauce, but decided to let it ride. The menu was interesting. Lots of the traditional Tex Mex stuff, but it also had a few things I hadn't seen before. The one that caught my eye was the Relleno en Nogada. I like chili relleno, so it had my attention. This one is stuff with a picadillio beef mixture. I failed to pay attention to the walnut cream sauce it was served with.
I ordered a Cuervo Traditionlle margarita, and it was promptly served. Not the worst margarita I've ever had, but way toward that end. It was a weak pour into a bottled mix. Sticky sweet.
My dinner arrived. Not what I was expecting. Seriously, it could have been served as a desert. The picadillo mixture was overloaded with sweet fruits. And it was quite literally floating in what tasted like creme Anglaise.
Okay, it was my bad for ordering it, but it was their bad for having something so dreadful on their menu. Not going back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Folsom, California
“Great atmosphere and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Food is good and served with ice-cold beer. Speedy service with good staff.

Visited May 2012

Been to Q'bole? Share your experiences!