“Authentic regional Mexican food”
Review of Q'bole

Q'bole
Ranked #31 of 275 Restaurants in Folsom
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Authentic regional Mexican food”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Great food, good staff & reasonable prices.

I enjoy the wide variety of traditional and unique items available on the menu. Items are listed by region and are always packed with flavor.

Great atmosphere for dining with the family, or getting drinks and watching the big game...

Sacramento, California
“Great Decor”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant mainly because it is a beautiful Restaurant. A great place to take guests. It has a fireplace which makes any room warm and inviting. Great Menu selection and the food is good too! Don't forget an outside Patio and a great location to people watch.

Visited February 2014
Sacramento, California
“Very Good Service but Very Greasy Nachos”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The restaurant has a nice feel, a large bar and lots of space in general with a great fireplace. The ambiance created by the fireplace on a chilly night was especially welcome. We (8) were there on a Wednesday evening about 7:30 and it was pretty quiet.
We were seated immediately and well taken care of throughout our visit. The water glasses were kept full and all our wishes were accommodated. Most of my companions were pleased with their meals but, my fully loaded nachos were so greasy I could not eat more than half the plate. There was literally a pool of grease from the hamburger covering the entire bottom of the dish. I did eat a good portion and when the server came to take the dish I mentioned the greasyness and he immediately took the bill from me and refused to let me pay. I explained that I did not expect to be compensated in this manner but he insisted. I told him my comment was meant to help improve the meal for the future and he was happy to have my input but still refused to let me pay.
I really am appreciative of this excellent customer service and based on the way I was treated I recommend them and will absolutely return for another try.

• Visited February 2014
Folsom, California, United States
“Friendly Staff and Great Margaritas”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been here on several occasions with family and with friends. It's a great place to hang out and grab some margaritas. The meals are just OK but the appetizers are tasty and the margaritas do not disappoint. I appreciate that the staff remember my family, friends and I. Alfredo is especially friendly! Grab a top shelf when you are there. It's a little more expensive but really worth the extra couple bucks.

• Visited November 2013
Granite Bay, California
“Great Mexican Food, Consistently Excellent Margaritas”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I've reviewed Q'Bole before, but we keep going back because it's really the very best Mexican restaurant in the entire Sacramento Valley. We always take our out of town visitors here, and it's never disappointed anyone. The service is always outstanding, and the food is absolutely top notch and a full level above anyone else's in the entire Sacramento metropolitan area. It's worth the drive from anywhere around.

We started with strawberry and peach margaritas ($7.00) and some Q'Bole house margaritas ($7.25) along with some guacamole, which is much too bland as served, so put some of the really good salsa in it and stir. Umm, that's much better. Then we tried a couple of two item combination plates ($11.55), which of course come with the delicious refried beans with a ton of hot melted cheese on them, and the very tasty rice that I can't get enough of. It's a perfect combination of flavors, and it's much better tasting than 99% of all of the Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten in. And that's saying a lot!

If you really want quality Mexican food, served by those who really know how to serve you, then you'll love Q'Bole as much as we do. There's plenty of TV screens around the room, and there's a wrap around patio that is perfect in good weather. There's only two minor things to say that aren't completely positive: the menu is small print on brown paper, and it's extremely difficult to read unless you have 20/20 low light vision. So bring your reading glasses, especially at night. The restaurant is also a little difficult to find if you're not very familiar with the area around Old Town Folsom. Look for Karen's Bakery on the corner across from the new multi-level parking garage, and go down that street. It's next to Performance Bicycle. We highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2013

Been to Q'bole? Share your experiences!