“Location ok, but walls paper thin!”
Review of Lake Natoma Inn

Lake Natoma Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Folsom
Westchester (LA), CA
“Location ok, but walls paper thin!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The check-in was quick and they gave me a room on the 2nd floor, but I couldn't believe how loud the noise of the couple having "fun" in the next room was. I could hear the sound of the headboard knocking the wall and other verbal expressions (the 2nd time at 6:30 am on a Sat.) Even if this hadn't happened, I would have been a little displeased by the fact that I was trying to use the Jacuzzi on Friday evening after I'd driven 6+ hours from So.Cal., but since my arrival was at 9:30 pm and the spa closes at 10 pm, I didn't have much time. I was there only 15 minutes when a man came to lock the gate leading into the gated Jacuzzi patio. Now I wasn't making a sound and was the only one in the Jacuzzi, but he didn't even ask if I wanted to stay another 5 minutes, he just said it was time to close the area. The hotel is in a convenient area and the room was clean with nice shower and small microwave, which was great, but I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The walls are so thin, I couldn't recommend any room!
Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Roseville, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My 10 year old daughter and I spent a night here for our first girls' trip. The grounds are beautiful and the location is amazing, right in Old Town Folsom. From there, we could walk to restaurants, shops, even a museum. Our room was very nice and seemed to be newly remodeled. The bed and pillows were so comfortable, we both slept wonderfully. I would say the only small con was the walls were somewhat thin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank litllego
Castro Valley, California
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We rode our bicycles from the Sacramento train station along the American River Parkway, 30 miles on an excellent paved mixed-used trail, to Folsom. The Inn's parking lot meets the southern parkway trail, and is only a few blocks from the old wooden bridge that leads to the northern parkway trail.

The Inn itself was very welcome for our overnight stay before riding home next day. We brought the bikes through the lobby, up the elevator, to keep in the room overnight, which was convenient. The room was big enough to be okay with both bikes. The sound-proof windows and very comfortable bed helped us rest well.

Tip: look for the elevator in the building across the parking lot from reception, to go up two stories to the shopping and walking district, avoiding climbing up the hilly driveway.

This excursion included taking the Amtrak Capitol Corridor train from Oakland to Sacramento. Seniors ride half-price mid-week, they have special bicycle cars, and no extra charge for bikes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 January 2014

we bought a bedt from Simmons Guest Purchase and love it. Stayed at Natoma a while back and loved sleeping on their pillow top bed. Bought one for our house and love the bed. I guess people like different type beds.

Room Tip: Like the room with views.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have stayed here on more than one occasion as we have family in the area. It is pleasant and convenient to the local attractions. I would stay here again. It has a nice area to gather the family about.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel on the river in historic Folsom. Everything in our room was clean, beds comfy and nicely decorated. Looks like it all has recently been updated. The only thing I would suggest is they put blankets on the beds. We found the comforters too heavy with just the sheet. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel looks great as you drive up, once you enter....

Pros:
GREAT location
Walking distance to Sutter Street
Nice exterior and grounds

Cons:

Place needs to be run through the hot cycle for a good cleaning

Not enough light in rooms to read

Slow wifi

Uncomfortable bed

Hard pillows

Allergic reaction in the room didn’t realize we needed to ask for a pet free room (manager never returned my call).

Musty smell in bathroom/room

Thin, worn towels

Heavy duvet on bed/
No blankets on bed

Thin walls

So disappointing, this could be a wonderful place to stay! Hotel owners..please pump some $$$$ into it, clean and update.

Room Tip: Wait until the Inn is updated!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple