“CHEATED” 1 of 5 bubbles

Description: Also listed on Google Maps and Yahoo! Local for Fontana
San Bernardino, California
“CHEATED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

i was there this morning and i left a cash tip of 3.00 and i guess that wasnt enough cause they took another 3.00 off my debt card.

• Visited March 2014

Crestline, California
“Crumb-y Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

My sweetie and I thought it would be nice to go to a locally-owned restaurant for breakfast instead of one of the big chains. At other places on the Web, Billy J's is fairly well reviewed so we thought this was a no-risk choice. We were sadly mistaken.

Upon entering the place, it was certainly busy which is usually a good sign. Photos of old rock artists adorn the wall past the door. One of my favorites was up there but, after eating the food, I was definitely not grateful and almost wished I was dead.

The first signal of trouble came when the waitress came to our table. The front of her entire outfit was covered with crumbs and other sorts of refuse. This debris was also on her body as, when she left my water glass, it was also covered with crumbs. Her service was acceptable and she was friendly enough, but her uncleanliness was a huge turn-off.

Still, I did my best to excuse it as the place was busy and seemed to be low on wait staff. We ordered very standard breakfast fare. I got a Belgian waffle which had almost no substance to it and absolutely no flavor. The bacon was OK but the sausage was like an off-brand brown-and-serve bought in a 50-pound bag at a warehouse store. My sweetie got a side of biscuits and gravy that was an utter abomination. The gravy had no taste and the biscuit had the consistency of dried-out library paste. Her main course was omelet that was barely OK in the egg department but the cheese inside tasted to me as if it were almost spoiled...

...and, maybe it was. Not many hours after leaving, we both began to have those dreaded feelings of intestinal discomfort and I had to take more than a few trips on the porcelain bus.

I always hate writing bad reviews and I feel really odd on this one seeing how Billy J's is always busy and people say good things about it. I hope my reputation here will show that I am not exaggerating my experience here. Even if getting sick was a coincidence, the food here is tasteless at best and horrible at worst.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank KoHoSo

Been to Billy J's? Share your experiences!