“Great Stay!”

Comfort Inn I-15
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fontana
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks, and had no issues! There are some reviews complaining about bed size- let me say- at 6'3", I can't fit into a double- but I got a King so no problems there! The Choice brand is about 50/50- you never know what you'll get. This hotel is great. Property looks to be about 2-4 years old, and yes there are some slight signs of wear- small carpet stain, small wall scuffs, etc., but I've seen that in 2 week old hotels too. All in all it's in great shape. Bed is super comfortable- Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop. No bedbugs, spiders, roaches, etc. Fridge & microwave in room, as well as a desk w/chair & also 'leisure' chair w/ footstool. Vanity is in the room, toilet & shower are separate, behind a door. This property does back up to the highway, as all mostly do, but it's down below the surface- noise was not an issue. There's a Starbucks across the parking lot open from 4:30am to 11pm; also a Logan's Steakhouse open until 10pm, and a pizza hut all across the lot. The back of the property backs up to a subdivision of nice looking 2 story homes. The only negative comment I have is regarding the internet- it's slow!!! I know there's eggs & sausage for breakfast, I myself eat oatmeal & yogurt, but there's lots to choose from. Staff was very accommodating. If you're used to staying in HI Express, Hampton or Fairfield, you'd get along here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2010

As other reviewers have noted, the staff are very courteous. The room and bathroom we had was a tad bit small. Young children will need help operating the shower. The fridge did not work but not that big of a deal for us. And the beds are doubles, not queens so a little uncomfortable for two people that are used to having queens. But the one thing that was the most disappointing was their hot tub--it was lukewarm! I came down to join my family in the pool room-- which is probably the best looking one I've seen yet--and when I entered the room my husband who was sitting in the hot tub asked me to find out from the front desk how to increase the temp of the water. I did so and the very nice lady apologised for not being able to do anything about it because the water temp was computer programmed. Not really understanding my husband's dismay I stepped down into the hot tub and discovered that all that frothy bubbling water was slightly colder than my body temp. I actually got goose bumps sitting in it. I didn't stay long. Neither did my husband.

Other than those minor annoyances, we enjoyed a clean room for one night. The breakfast offerings the next morning were typical continental fare that budget hotels provide, but everything was fresh and tasty. This is a good place to stay for passing through.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I stay here once a month for business, i check in late and head staright to bed.. The location is great!! Close to the highway.. Fairly new rooms and the service is great.. The Breakfast is always good and i save myself ten bucks..

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Crestline, California
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I really hate to give this hotel a low rating because I found the service and the room in and of itself to be very good. However, for me, the whole point is to get a good night's rest, and I just could not do that at this particular Comfort Inn.

I live in the area and needed a room on very short notice on a weeknight because my home was being "bug bombed" for an insect invasion. I thought it would be a nice idea to get a jacuzzi suite for my sweetie and I if it was available, so I called the location direct instead of reserving online as I usually do with most hotels and motels. The nice lady at the desk was extremely helpful and courteous, and that would be repeated both upon check-in and check-out (I was especially impressed as she properly handled a gruff person already checking in as we got in line). I cannot speak about the continental breakfast or any of the other out-of-room amenities (other than the swimming pool appearing clean) because we were either more interested in using the in-room jacuzzi or had to make a quick exit in the morning to make it to work on time.

We both found the room to be clean and comfortable. The bathroom proper was small and I always find it odd when the sink area is in the room area instead of behind the bathroom door or at least right next to it. That being said, they were all clean and functioned properly. We did not have time to use the in-room coffee maker although it appeared new and well-stocked. The fridge was clean and plenty large enough to hold all of the soft drinks we brought with us. The jacuzzi was well maintained and roomy enough for two people to sit very comfortably in it and enjoy the relaxing jets of water. There is a "roadhouse" type restaurant next to the property that I had eaten at in previous months -- avoid it like the plague. We did not even bother using the TV set in the room, but we didn't need to -- and that leads to my big complaint about this specific Comfort Inn.

Now, I realize that no hotel can do much about noisy guests unless they truly get out of hand. So, I am not blaming this Comfort Inn for the people who were on our floor slamming doors, yelling in the hall, or not keeping their bratty children in line up through about 11 PM. As any good traveler knows, you could just as easily show up on a night when your neighbors are all more courteous instead of one where people have no thought that there are others in the adjoining rooms.

What I do blame this location for is being built with some of the thinnest walls I have ever experienced going back to the first years I can remember traveling with my parents. Our two direct neighbors were by no means blasting their television sets -- they were on a quite normal volume. But, both my sweetie and I could hear every single word coming from each one. And, as those guests chose to watch TV well beyond two in the morning, we had no choice but to also listen in. I am normally a pretty heavy sleeper, but this was more than I could ignore even with a fluffy pillow over my head (my sweetie also said that she got very little sleep as well).

Again repeating my rule that the #1 priority of any hotel is to provide a good night's sleep, I just cannot give Fontana's Comfort Inn my full endorsement. But, while you are awake, you will be treated well by the kind and attentive staff and find the accommodations (at least in the jacuzzi suite) very nice for this level of hotel. It also gets a plus from me for being one of the few hotels left in California that still has some smoking rooms. But, I'd rather go outside to have a cigarette than stay up all night listening to somebody else watch TV when I need to get to sleep.

• Liked — The jacuzzi
  • Disliked — The thinnest walls known to mankind
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KoHoSo

Travellers are raving about these Fontana hotels

ca
Reviewed 21 September 2008

The beds are roughly 4 feet wide, these are the smallest beds that I have slept in for any hotel. Even the pillow are half size to make the bed appear bigger. This hotel does not honor thier 100% satisfaction guarentee when it comes to your comfort.
I do not recommend this hotel, unless your are sleeping alone. and not sharing your bed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bed size
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
fontanaca, Manager at Comfort Inn I-15, responded to this review, 21 November 2008
Thank you for taking the time to write tripadvisor about your stay at our hotel. I certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experience does not represent the level of service we strive to provide.
We accommodate many guest each evening, and we strive to make thier stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disapointing to learn that you are unhappy.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns.
lakeport, ca
Reviewed 26 February 2008

This hotel was clean, the staff was incredibly friendly, the service was wonderful. Great value for the price. We loved the huge indoor pool and jacuzzi. The only thing we didn't like that much was the limited parking during race week and the slowness of the elevator doors. Other than those insignificant issues - this is one of the better hotels I've stayed at. I don't usually go for a 5 star type hotel, as I like comfort - not stuffiness. These people really cared about who we were and what they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. It was a nice experience and will definitely stay there again if we're in the area.

• Liked — friendly staff and clean room
  • Disliked — slow elevator door and insufficient parking
  • Stayed February 2008
Merino, Colorado
Reviewed 23 February 2008

I checked in late, got great help from the staff and got a great room. I would stay here again.

• Liked — great room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
Hilton Garden Inn Fontana
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Comfort Inn I-15? Share your experiences!