“DON'T BOOK HERE!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fontana
Manchester, New Hampshire
“DON'T BOOK HERE!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I reserved this room ahead of time when scheduling my trip to visit family. I arrived in the hotel room to find dirty and stained comforters, unchanged sheets, hair in the tub, coffee stained curtains up and down, dirty heater...then went down stairs to find a cloudy pool, dead bugs in the corner, a dirty heater. That was enough for me!!! The hotel was NASTY and needed a good scrubbing and that is exactly what I told the receptionist. She was apologizing up and down and quite embarrassed. Needless to say, I left there and found a cleaner hotel a couple of miles down the road. How this hotel remains in business, I will never know. It is disgusting! There are NO excuses for this filth.

Room Tip: Find another hotel, don't book Comfort Inn in Fontana. Read reviews and trust them. Check out...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Laurie R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed several nights/stays at this hotel, and found out later they had charged an extra $1.50/night for a safe I never used. I asked, and the employee stated they charge everyone, regardless of use, unless you go up to the front desk in the morning and ask for it to be removed. She also stated there is a sign in the lobby posting this, but it is either hidden or not easily noticeable, because I've checked in to this hotel 4+ times and never saw it. I stay at hotels 50+ nights per year and haven't seen a systematic rip-off like this ever. Good hustle for them.
While the dollar amount is not crazy, I just don't like someone deceiving me to rip me off. It would have worked if I wasn't harassed at work about the extra charges on my business expenses. I filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission about these deceptive business practices.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J M

Travellers are raving about these Fontana hotels

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The pool and hot tub are really clean and enjoyable. It would be the main reason I'd stay here again. the rooms and A/C are quiet, and I never heard any street noise so I slept like a baby. Also the beds and pillows are very comfortable. We ate at the roadhouse bar/grill right next door and it was fine, they had some kid friendly stuff and it was fine for kids. Other than that, the nearby food options are crap. You have to drive one more exit south then there are plenty of food options. The one weak point of this hotel is the breakfast. By even the lowest standards it barely qualifies as passable and the layout was disorganized and poorly stocked. Breakfast is definitely an afterthought for the Managment of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Prompt staff, super busy night. City was sold out we were headed to a concert not to far from the hotel. I enjoy staying here when ever I'm in town. I did stay at another hotel close to ONT airport but I find it more relaxing away from the airport area.

• Stayed March 2013
Salmon, Idaho
Reviewed 18 February 2013

In January my 10 year old daughter and I got stranded in Fontana, very late at night. We stopped at The Comfort Inn, since it was right off the freeway. A friend of mine had already paid for our room online as well as called to make sure we were checked in ok, she requested a non smoking single room. I was over stressed and at the brink of tears when I checked in, but the boy at the front desk was so sweet and helpful. He told me that they were sorry but all of their non smoking single rooms were full, but they would put us up in a non smoking suite instead, and to top it off it had a huge jacuzzi as well! Being stranded still sucked but the nice room and jacuzzi sure made it a better 3 nights for me and my little girl. Great motel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hard2handle1215
Big Bear City, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Went for a "stay cation" with the grand kids and we had a blast! Great indoor pool and fun breakfast! Very filling and loved the waffles! Will do this again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank preames
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Fontana, Comfort Inn it was clean, well maintained, pleasantly staffed and located conviently next to a Dennys, Jack in the Box, Starbucks and Logan's Roadhouse. This hotel really takes care of there indoor pool its a great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MoneyInn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
Hilton Garden Inn Fontana
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Fontana

Been to Comfort Inn I-15? Share your experiences!