The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort
US$61
US$40
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Genting View Resort(Genting Highlands)
TripAdvisor
DZH Health Resort Club(Genting Highlands)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswelcome drinkla viefine diningswedish massageoutdoor jacuzzichateau spavip roomorganic foodfrench restauranthigh teacolmar tropicalein room dininggreat facilitieshorse ridingpremier roomcomplimentary yogatea room
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at the Chateau. It is true, it is a great escape from the heat and the hustle and bustle of KL.
The welcome drink they offer on arrival is delicious.
We stayed on new years eve, unfortunately the man who took us to our room and explained the facilities failed to tell us that they would be having fireworks on the night, we heard them but by the time we came down from our room we had missed them.
It is very hard to obtain a taxi in this area and the hotel don't seem to be very helpful in arranging one. We ended up getting the same taxi driver that drove us up there to come and pick us up to take us back to KL. Maybe people usually have their transport organised before they go here?
The pool is lovely, the restaurant OK. The food is expensive here and although it is organic we did find that at the breakfast buffet lots of food was left out in the heat (including sushi) so we weren't that keen on eating it. However they did have some lovely options that you wouldn't normally see like fresh raspberries and blackberries.
The service was authentically french, you certainly didn't feel like you were in KL anymore as the staff were not as friendly.
The rooms were nice and clean and the bed was comfortable, I definitely unwound while I was here as there was not much else to do in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharelle A
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for you kind comments following your wonderful stay at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort during New Year’s Eve. We appreciate your words about our service delivery and amenities and are glad that we are heading in the right direction. Our associates always endeavor to offer unmatched hospitality to guests.

However, we are disappointed to learn that you were not able to witness the New Year fireworks and hope that next year you have the opportunity to welcome New Year with The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort.

We thank you for the custom and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in Chateau 28th December 2013 night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Generally we were happy with our stay. However, on 28th night, we had a candle light dinner by the pool. After the dinner, I realised that my trouser and shoes were covered with wax as there was no protection to collect the melting wax from candles (i.e. melting wax had dropped down through the meshed table). We informed the hotel staff and all they could do was to use hot water towel to remove some wax on my shoes (not perfect though). They couldn’t do anything to remove the wax on my trouser. It was very disappointing as this trouser was the wedding anniversary gift from my wife.

I had very high expectations of Chateau service based on the customer reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel staff should have 1)more careful when setting up a candle lights 2) offered more help after when I discover my trouser and shoes with full of wax.

1  Thank Suranga N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort and sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that your overall stay at our resort was satisfying. However, we regret the inconvenience faced by you and the disappointing experience on your anniversary. We understand your distress and assure you that provisions will be made to avoid such instances in future.

Hope this incident will not mar you from visiting us again and hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews in the Tripadvisor. It turned out to be a good choice as the service was good. It was only a short 1.5 hrs drive from the airport KLIA. The check in was a breeze. I was a bit disappointed in the "hardware" though. The sliding wardrobe doors looked like it could pop out any time and did not quite fit. I had a spa suite and it was very relaxing to soak in the outdoor jacuzzi. You cannot be faulted for thinking that you are in the Philippines because almost all the staff working in this resort are Filipinos. English is spoken everywhere. The staff are very friendly and professional except for one waitress which I will elaborate later. The place is very well kept with Rosemary herbs everywhere.

There are a few good places to visit if you spend a couple of days at the resort but any more than that, you will be bored. I was given a couple of juicy carrots at the organic farm. It has a good variety of vegetables and herbs.

The food @ the hotel is not fantastic and it is not value for money. My friends and I took a 20 minutes drive and found some very good seafood restaurants. The hotel staff will be able to recommend some good restaurants. The price is very reasonable too. We found a restaurant called the "126 Seafood Restaurant". There are 2 restaurants with the same name. Go to the bigger one as it is much better.

However, the breakfast is very good. The choice and quality of food available at breakfast is good. My good impression was marred when I noticed one of the waitresses doing the "shampoo advertisement" act whilst waiting at the omelette counter. The chef was preparing the omelette and she was waiting for it to be ready so that she can serve the guests. Whilst waiting, she flipped and ran her fingers through her waist long hair. It would have been a good shampoo advertisement but I would not want to see her hair / dandruff on my food. Some training is need here. I thought all the staff working in restaurants should have their hair neatly tied up.

The spa is very good with a variety of good choices albeit a bit expensive. The ladies at the Spa did a good job dressing an injury I sustained whilst out at the organic farm.

The support service provided by the hotel is very professional. I asked about the spa and I received the spa menu within 24 hours. It was also followed up with some preliminary advice on my needs. I asked about the weather and I received the reply within a short time. The weather can be anything between 32C on a high and 19C on a low in December. The information helped me to decide what to pack for my trip.

The swimming pool is good with nice ambience and not crowded at all.

It helps to do your homework in advance. They are also able to assist if you have a special event to celebrate.

Forget about shopping in this resort.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite I was in was near the road and I could hear the cars passing. However, there were not many cars and the noise is tolerable. There are hardly any cars at night and so I was still able to get a good sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JennL
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was memorable and we are glad that you were impressed with the amenities and services provided to you at the resort. Your mention of the breakfast buffet is appreciated and we have shared your comment with the team in the kitchen. We are happy to know that you were delighted with the spa and all it had to offer. We have shared your experience with our associates and this would act as a source of inspiration for them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.

We regret the inconvenience you faced while staying at our resort. Our associates are trained professionals but we regret the situation you came across at the breakfast buffet. We assure you that the next time you visit us; you will notice a positive change.

Once again we would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is build on the traditional French Chateau style and it’s located in the middle of Tropical Mountain, the best thing on this hotel is cool mountain air, nice hill view, adult only, nice design in the restaurant, bar setting etc.

I stayed over the weekend to escape the busy city life and also went for horse riding in the morning, the overall setting of the hotel is good, clean and attentive stuffs. The hotel provide complementary in-house transport to horse riding trail (about 3km away) the car was a large Mercedes MPV which is comfortable and nice especially after few hours of horse riding….

The hardware: The deluxe room is not big for resort style staying and the price it charge for, it’s on the small end of the scale as in term of the size (25 sq.m) and space available. The bathroom are tiny, with only a shower no bathtub. The bathroom size is so small that shower glass door could hardly be open fully and I could not even put a foot towel outside the shower door, so our bathroom keep getting wet…. So a big failed in room size and bathroom.

The software: The resort stuffs are attentive and polite wherever we go and feel very much welcome. When we went to the swimming pool the pool boy will offer to put to towel in our cabana which is nice and cozy.

Overall: This is a nice place to escape the city life of KL which is just an hour drive away and will return but next time will aim for larger room….if budget permit 

Room Tip: Don't book for deluxe room, its tiny and small bathroom...go for premier if budget permit
1  Thank yoong w

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Located on a beautiful hilltop, our resort offers a complete organic wellness to our guests. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and that our accommodation and recreational activities met your expectations. The most important thing for us is to seek a smile on your face and we always go that extra mile to make the stay of our guests a pleasant one.

We thank you for your staying with us and sharing this informative feedback. We wish to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We just came back from a nights weekend stayed at the Chateau. We were very happy with our weekend escape from busy KL. The hotel is about an hour away from center of KL which is great.
The hotel is located up on the hill, Bukit Tinggi. The hotel is exclusive and only hotel guests are allowed inside the premise which is a good thing since it is located in the same vicinity as Colmar Tropical resort where most of the local come up to stay and take photo.

Upon arrival, we were greeted at the at the valet where we deposited our car key and our luggage were taken from us … and we got our luggage once we already in our room. We were checked in, showed to our beautiful with great view and brief explanation of the amenities. The room is spacious and nicely decorated.

The staff were very professional, polite and courteous. Especially the staff in the F&B area and the spa.

Since we are staying for 2 nights, we got 20% off spa treatments and free yoga session. We went to the spa and were greeted and shown around the spa and gym area. We did spa treatment on both days and they are highly recommended …. the facilities are excellent and the treatments were great. Then we did the yoga session in the morning and it is a nice way to start the morning before big breakfast by the pool … plenty of choices.

We also used the pool … nice and quiet since this hotel has is "no child policy". It's a perfect to get away and recharge. The cabanas are design for couple … another great touch.

We also had a lovely dinner in their French restaurant … beautiful setting .. great food … nice bottle of wine … romantic dinner for 2 to go with this wonderful relaxing spa weekend.

We had a beautiful romantic spa weekend and we will return. Highly recommended for those who seeking to recharge and rejuvenate … or just a romantic get away.

2  Thank Stapatt
TheChateauMalaysia, Management at The Chateau Spa & Organic Wellness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Located on a beautiful hilltop, our resort offers a complete organic wellness to our guests. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and that our accommodation facility and recreational activities met your expectations. It is nice of you to make special mention of our dining facility and diligent associates at our restaurant and spa. They always go that extra mile to make the stay of every guest pleasant. We will definitely share your note of appreciation to motivate them to continue with their excellent services.

We look forward to your continued patronage in the near future.