“A Dream Come True -- The complete Package”
Review of Forest House Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Foresthill
Forest House Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Foresthill
West Sacramento, California
“A Dream Come True -- The complete Package”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Hello future brides! If I could title my wedding, and bottle up my experience with the Forest House Lodge ... I would call it "A Dream Come True". I am that girl that has been dreaming of my wedding since I was a little. In fact every Halloween, I asked to be a bride. To me, I wanted my wedding to be perfect... to be a fairytale. I knew the flowers I wanted, the kind of music I wanted to dance to, the type of dress I would wear... the only thing I didn't know was WHERE the wedding would be. My husband (Yay, I get to call him that now!) and I met camping, on top of a mountain. I knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony, great food, and a cozy reception. We started out our search for the perfect wedding venue by booking 5 places to preview. My dear friends, the Forest House Lodge was our very first stop... and after our tour with Brett (beyond amazing, caring, and enthusiastic General Manager) ... we CANCELLED every other place... we knew we found our wedding home! We call it that, because that is what your experience at The Forest House will feel like, a second home. They take you in, and make you feel like family. Brides, I am a perfectionist. BUT, this venue, these people... THEY ARE ... perfection. Brett & Kathryn are a married couple who run the operations there. Kathryn (who will become part of your heart) is the wedding director. The Forest House Lodge is truly an all-inclusive wedding venue. It is a 3 story miner’s lodge that has been converted to a fine dining, high end wedding experience. You get a ceremony site, a reception room, incredible food, a gorgeous cake (the cake designer is actually the owner, Monica and she is fabulously talented!), a place to stay, and all the organization, help, and tips you could ever ask for! They really think of every detail; from the private appetizers set aside for the bride and groom (so you don’t miss out on one thing!)to the intimate meetings with Kathryn to make sure every single detail of your big day is exactly what you planned on, to the private tastings you get to experience… this place is magical. For us, we had so many people coming from different places, it was important for each person to feel comfortable. The FHL, are experts on knowing the unknown, and there was not one glitch on the big day! Even people with food allergies had special pre-planned meals. And the lodge... oh my goodness... The top floor is rooms to fit up to 68 people(rest of guests stay at nearby hotels, which Kathryn gives you the list for) and each room has a different theme (fun!), the second floor is the main reception room, bar & lounge, and the third floor…. I almost don't want to tell you ... but SOOO worth going to see... it is a game room with every single game you can think of... for all ages! Now a really important aspect : eating!! For our wedding, we had about 200 people who flew in from areas of all over. Growing up in Napa, my family and I are major foodies. Let me tell you, you will NOT be disappointed! The food is just amazing. They have a wonderful chef with literally hundreds of option to suit your tastes. And, when you look for a ceremony site... talk about one being sent from GOD! It is a stone walkway that leads you to an open canyon on top of a mountain ... THAT is where you get married! It is stunning. A friend of mine referred to it as "Gods Altar".(They do have other options indoors too). I really can’t say enough about how amazing this place is. I got the wedding of my dreams, got to marry my best friend, and I had a team of people behind me who truly CARED with all their hearts that my day was perfect. Kathryn and Brett, take you on a journey... and give you the wedding of your dreams. Go meet them, and give them a hug from Rachel and Brandon!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wifey22

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 31 July 2010

This is so heart wrenching to even put down in words. I would do anything to save another couple from having to experience how terribly we were treated for what was suppposed to be the happiest day of life. From the level of service, to the food, to nickel and diming us to death at the last minute after it was too late I am stilll in shock how they can actually get away with conning blissful couples into having weddings there. I'm still sad.

• Stayed August 2010
16 Thank stephie2010
Canberra
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I was married at the Forest House Lodge in 1994. The site is absolutely beautiful & amazing, but you already know that from the pictures & other reviews.......

The reason that I'm writing now after so many years is to say what wonderful people Patrick & Monica (the owners) are. Even now, I consider them friends. We still periodically exchange emails, keeping up with each others' lives. Patrick & Monica were such wonderful caretakers of our special weekend & have really proved over the years that the weddings held at their lodge are more to them than just a business.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend the Forest House Lodge to any bride & groom.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank LeahLou
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I got married here about a week and a half ago and I am still smiling. My wedding was absolutely PERFECT! There are no words to describe how absolutely incredible Forest House Lodge is. My guests are still raving about what a great time they had!

In the weeks leading up to the wedding I was very stressed out. As soon as I stepped through the doors of Forest House I felt relaxed and at ease. Everyone who came down to see me as I got ready said they could not believe how calm I was. They have the biggest most beautiful bridal salon ever.

The ceremony site is breath taking. The food was also great and they feed the guests litterally all day!! The bar is also amazing, and the bartenders are great and take really good care of the guests.(Julie took such great care of me she poored my a couple of fake shots when my guests would not stop pressuring me to drink.)

Some of our guests stayed the night and woke up to breakfast the next morning.

This place has everything you could ask for in a wedding venue plus tons more. I wish I could get married over and over again just so I could go back to Forest House Lodge.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank KWalk13
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We just attended our son and new daughter-in-law's wedding at Foresthouse last weekend. I was blown away by the setting, the staff, the amenities, the food and the loving feel of everyone there. I understood right away why they fell in love with Forest House Lodge, the staff and the wedding location. I must say a big thank you for the most amazing wedding weekend that any couple and family could ask for! Everything was wonderful!
If you don't check out Foresthouse Lodge you will be missing out on something special!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail1952
san diego, ca
Reviewed 16 November 2009

my daughter was married in October 2009, and we chose the Forest House Lodge as the location because my daughter just loved the forested wedding site. I had read some of the previous trip-advisor reviews and was concerned. However, i could not have been for pleased, Brett and Catherine did a wonderful job everything came off just as we had hoped.
The food was exceptional and all of the guest raved about the taste and presentation, well done to the chef and kitchen staff, Jules and Rocco in the bar interacted with the guests and helped make their visit a memoral one.
this is not the Ritz or Hyatt, but for a destination wedding with great charm and and lots of personality I give Forest House ***** 5 stars. It really is a wonderful place for a wedding or other large social event. thanks again Jim San Diego

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jlkambestad
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The Forest House Lodge was beautiful, inviting and luscious. It has a warm relaxing feeling when you walk in. On your first visit you are guided through the Lodge by Brett, one of the warmest people I have ever met. The staff is extremely organized and helpful throughout the entire process. Kathryn is a ravishing breath of fresh air the guides you through the fantastic journey of developing the wedding of your dreams.

Before your event you are invited to one or more Tasting Events, where you get to meet other brides and grooms; get all your questions answered; meet the staff and enjoy an evening of beer, wine, food, fun and even wedding cake. The entire experience is astounding.

The Ceremony site has the most breath taking view. You don’t need anything to decorate or detract from the view. All my friends and family couldn’t believe how the pictures came out. People thought that we had a fake background inserted into our pictures. They feed you 7 times during the day: Breakfast, Lunch, Pre-Ceremony Appetizers, Post-Ceremony Appetizers, Dinner, Desert and Late Night Appetizers. I love food and I can say that I did get enough food for the day. All my guests raved about how wonderfully mouthwatering the food was. We had the food served family style, which allowed everyone to talk at the table. The Late night appetizers were so good and so needed.

The Game Room and games were such a hit the night before and the night of our wedding. People played Rock Band all night long. They have a pool table, air hockey, ping pong, a wii, Rock Band, and Sing Song. They have plenty of rooms for all of your guests to crash after they are finished partying. Each room was unique and homey.

Most Places only let you celebrate for 5 hours, but you have the Forest House Lodge for at least 24 hours. It is the best deal within the Sacramento Area by far. It was worth every single penny.

They always thought ahead with us and our guests in mind. Every last detail is perfect.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank WeddedBliss007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foresthill
Best Western Golden Key
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
#1 of 1 in Colfax

Been to Forest House Lodge? Share your experiences!