“Great hosts”
Review of Forest House Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Foresthill
Forest House Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Foresthill
Canberra
“Great hosts”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I was married at the Forest House Lodge in 1994. The site is absolutely beautiful & amazing, but you already know that from the pictures & other reviews.......

The reason that I'm writing now after so many years is to say what wonderful people Patrick & Monica (the owners) are. Even now, I consider them friends. We still periodically exchange emails, keeping up with each others' lives. Patrick & Monica were such wonderful caretakers of our special weekend & have really proved over the years that the weddings held at their lodge are more to them than just a business.

I would highly, highly, highly recommend the Forest House Lodge to any bride & groom.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank LeahLou

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I got married here about a week and a half ago and I am still smiling. My wedding was absolutely PERFECT! There are no words to describe how absolutely incredible Forest House Lodge is. My guests are still raving about what a great time they had!

In the weeks leading up to the wedding I was very stressed out. As soon as I stepped through the doors of Forest House I felt relaxed and at ease. Everyone who came down to see me as I got ready said they could not believe how calm I was. They have the biggest most beautiful bridal salon ever.

The ceremony site is breath taking. The food was also great and they feed the guests litterally all day!! The bar is also amazing, and the bartenders are great and take really good care of the guests.(Julie took such great care of me she poored my a couple of fake shots when my guests would not stop pressuring me to drink.)

Some of our guests stayed the night and woke up to breakfast the next morning.

This place has everything you could ask for in a wedding venue plus tons more. I wish I could get married over and over again just so I could go back to Forest House Lodge.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank KWalk13
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We just attended our son and new daughter-in-law's wedding at Foresthouse last weekend. I was blown away by the setting, the staff, the amenities, the food and the loving feel of everyone there. I understood right away why they fell in love with Forest House Lodge, the staff and the wedding location. I must say a big thank you for the most amazing wedding weekend that any couple and family could ask for! Everything was wonderful!
If you don't check out Foresthouse Lodge you will be missing out on something special!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Gail1952
san diego, ca
Reviewed 16 November 2009

my daughter was married in October 2009, and we chose the Forest House Lodge as the location because my daughter just loved the forested wedding site. I had read some of the previous trip-advisor reviews and was concerned. However, i could not have been for pleased, Brett and Catherine did a wonderful job everything came off just as we had hoped.
The food was exceptional and all of the guest raved about the taste and presentation, well done to the chef and kitchen staff, Jules and Rocco in the bar interacted with the guests and helped make their visit a memoral one.
this is not the Ritz or Hyatt, but for a destination wedding with great charm and and lots of personality I give Forest House ***** 5 stars. It really is a wonderful place for a wedding or other large social event. thanks again Jim San Diego

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jlkambestad
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The Forest House Lodge was beautiful, inviting and luscious. It has a warm relaxing feeling when you walk in. On your first visit you are guided through the Lodge by Brett, one of the warmest people I have ever met. The staff is extremely organized and helpful throughout the entire process. Kathryn is a ravishing breath of fresh air the guides you through the fantastic journey of developing the wedding of your dreams.

Before your event you are invited to one or more Tasting Events, where you get to meet other brides and grooms; get all your questions answered; meet the staff and enjoy an evening of beer, wine, food, fun and even wedding cake. The entire experience is astounding.

The Ceremony site has the most breath taking view. You don’t need anything to decorate or detract from the view. All my friends and family couldn’t believe how the pictures came out. People thought that we had a fake background inserted into our pictures. They feed you 7 times during the day: Breakfast, Lunch, Pre-Ceremony Appetizers, Post-Ceremony Appetizers, Dinner, Desert and Late Night Appetizers. I love food and I can say that I did get enough food for the day. All my guests raved about how wonderfully mouthwatering the food was. We had the food served family style, which allowed everyone to talk at the table. The Late night appetizers were so good and so needed.

The Game Room and games were such a hit the night before and the night of our wedding. People played Rock Band all night long. They have a pool table, air hockey, ping pong, a wii, Rock Band, and Sing Song. They have plenty of rooms for all of your guests to crash after they are finished partying. Each room was unique and homey.

Most Places only let you celebrate for 5 hours, but you have the Forest House Lodge for at least 24 hours. It is the best deal within the Sacramento Area by far. It was worth every single penny.

They always thought ahead with us and our guests in mind. Every last detail is perfect.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank WeddedBliss007
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My daughter's wedding was hosted by Forest House. She and her husband could not have chosen a more perfect setting. An incrdible picture postcard view of the Sierras and a quaint Gold Country hotel. Nor could they have found a more perfect couple to help them plan their wedding. Brett and Kathryn are the gneral managers. They were both professional, resouceful, and knowledgeable. Their handling of the logistics and our guests was performed efficently and always, always, with a smile. During the ceremony and the reception they were available yet never in the foreground. Everything literally went perfectly. The food was wonderful and more than anyone could consume. The Forest House is a destination. Once you arrive, all of the essentials are taken care of. They spent an adequate amount of time reviewing the contract prior to signature. They answered all of our questions. I rate the experience a 10!! Call them. Ron Mazur

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Vallejo
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I attended my daughter's wedding at the Forest House Lodge in July, 2009.

This was my first experience with an all inclusive 2-day wedding celebration and what a wonderful experience it was. I absolutely loved the historic lodge and all it had to offer. The bar was a huge hit for party goers. The game room had activities going at all hours of the day and night. In fact, a memorable event was my daughter and son-in-law closing the game room down playing Guitar Hero in full wedding dress. The cozy fireplace room was another wonderful gathering place along with the outdoor deck sitting areas.

The wedding site is beyond description. I can't imagine a more beautiful setting.

The bridal salon was perfect.

I had complete confidence in Kathryn and Laura and there was never a moment I felt a need to do anything other than enjoy myself. The staff was professional and competent.

The food was good. There seemed to be non-stop food at all hours of the day. There was a good variety and plenty of it.

As the mother of the bride I had a wonderful suite that my husband and I shared with my 90-year old mother. We were very comfortable and happy with the accommodations.

I am so happy the bride and groom choose Forest House Lodge. I hope I get a chance to go back.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank vallejomal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foresthill
Best Western Golden Key
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
Sierra Sun Cloud Inn
#1 of 1 in Colfax

Been to Forest House Lodge? Share your experiences!