November 1-4, 2007
Was it the romantic stop in Sausalito on the way to Forestville?
Was it the picture perfect weather?
Was it the fact that we never had to put on the top of our convertible?
Was it the awe-inspiring scenery that reminded us of our years in Northwest New Jersey?
Was it the warm welcome of Catherine when we arrived at the Inn?
Was it the comfortable yet upscale accommodations of our cottage?
You can pick things apart, as others have done on this site - but some journeys are meant to unfold naturally, and without judgement - and that is exactly what we experienced. A true connection with the staff at the Inn - never overbearing, always helpful (we planned a balloon ride, which never happened due to early AM fog - but Catherine made sure we had granola, yogurt and coffee in our room the evening before - wake up was 6:30am for the ride....)
We were in room #7 -- highly recommend this cottage. Plenty of room - separate closet, living room, comfy couch, woodburning fireplace, the most comfy bed...deep silvery, purple walls, brown accents - loved the quotes on the walls.
Ate the Inn our first night - wonderful food and service. Andreas was hard to read at first, but we warmed up to him in the coming days. Robert was very, very helpful directing us to wineries in the area. Geoff was professional and knew his WINE!
My husband's favorite part of our 3-night stay were the breakfasts. Fresh and fulfilling is an understatement.
Ginny's recommendations to go to Armstrong Woods and Gary Farrell's tasting room was how we started our first full-day.
Made our way to Healdsburg - ate at Charcutrie - great local place for lunch. Picked up some wine and cheese from the Oakville Grocery. Had a couples massage back at the Inn. The Farmhouse Classic --- what a relaxing way to end the afternoon and start the evening...
Enjoyed wine & cheese by the fire in our room... went to Mosaic for dinner. Excellent - highly recommend.
Enjoyed a Saturday of wine tasting in the area - many wineries suggested by Robert and Geoff.
Undecided about dinner this night - so we went to Underwood and sat at the bar -- tapas and BEER!
What we loved about the Farmhouse....
Lit a fire each morning and evening... great dry wood with firestarters.
Husband used the sauna twice per day
Great shower - hot, hot water....
Extremely clean, comfortable, room - hats off to housekeeping!
Wonderful concierge (thanks Ginny!)
Lit a fire outside in the firepit - enjoyed wine & cheese outdoors at dusk.... Thanks Andreas for the great Italian white wine!
Milk and cookies...
ONLY complaint...more of a suggestion....
although we had a coffee maker in the room upon request, we would have liked the Inn's coffee service to be offered earlier. With many people traveling from other time-zones, it's hard to wait until 8:15am for that first cup of coffee. Also, with the early coffee service, some scones or light pastry would have been nice.
We were not affected by the road. We slept with the windows open all three nights and it was never a problem.
We look forward to many more visits at the Farmhouse. We love that Catherine and Joe are living their dream. Their attention to detail and care for their guests and employees shines through.
Thank you for a memorable sojurn....
-Janice & Chuck
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Russian River Valley of Sonoma, the Farmhouse experience is an authentic wine country haven of stylish comfort, hand crafted amenities, and attention to every detail. We are surrounded by world class wineries and 100's of acres of vineyards. Our unique West County locations offers an incredible wine country experience with the added benefits of the majestic redwood forest and the breathtaking Sonoma Coast all within miles of the resort. With only 25 rooms we pride ourselves on the Inn’s intimacy and privacy, creating a feeling of visiting a private estate. Once at the resort you can enjoy our 11 year awarded Michelin-starred restaurant featuring the best of Sonoma dining and surrender to our Farm-to-Table Spa with customized, hand crafted rituals using ingredients from our fruit, flower and herb gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Farmhouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn Sonoma County/Forestville, CA