All reviews steam shower rabbit bath salts russian river valley wine country fire pit heated floors wine pairing cookies bath bar concierge staff michelin star restaurant graham crackers indoor outdoor fireplace road noise turn down service barn rooms
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I had read a lot of the reviews on trip advisor before booking at the Farmhouse Inn. Overall, I agree much more with the positive reviews after staying here myself for six nights. I thought that there were a lot of extras that made the hotel special. The Breakfast was outstanding, the nightly treats at turndown were fabulous, the bathroom was a spa haven.

We stayed in a barn luxury room and were able to upgrade from a cottage room for a very reasonable price. I will say that the lower cost rooms are very close to a road that is traveled by vehicles at high speed so I wouldn't be surprised if those rooms do get a lot of that road noise. There have also been comments about a sewage smell and there was a morning that I smelled it although it didn't last and it was only for a brief period. My husband swears that it was not him.

My favorite part was the tub and complimentary bathsalts and scrubs available. Very relaxing. The bath products are also excellent...they smell great and feel awesome on your skin.

The staff was really laidback and helpful. I found them to be just right. I"m a New Yorker so I move quick and don't like to chat about nonsense for twenty minutes. The staff was engaging without me feeling like I couldn't get away from the converstation.

I did not love our spa experience. The ladies who gave us the massages were kind but here is a perfect example of being too chatty. The prenatal massage that I got was not worth it....don't even bother because they just basically move their hands over your skin with oil. I've been getting massages frequently and none of the prenatals I've had have been so non-massage-like. I respect any fear of liability but had I been told what the massage would have been like, I simply wouldn't have paid for it. Plus the technician stood over me as I signed and filled out the tip on the charge slip. Made me very uncomfortable. My husband did enjoy his deep tissue massage so I have no doubt that a good massage can be had. I just didn't love my experience.

We did have dinner at the resaurant and loved our meal. The service was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed each course.

I'd love to stay here again. I thought it was wonderful. I would suggest to go ahead and order the cheese basket for your arrival. There is no room service which is a bummer but understandable given the restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. The barn rooms are the best but even if you are in the cottage rooms you can get a room furtherest away from the road just by booking far enough in advance. Also, if you go during the low season you may be offered an upgrade for a decent price.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather m
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Fabulous rooms, fabulous food, fabulous service. Can't speak highly enough of this hotel. First visit to California and the hotel alone made us want to go back. Attention to detail was amazing. No hesitation to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for her birthday over Labor Day weekend. All the hotel had left was the Heritage Deluxe room above the restaurant area. Initially I was worried about the noise but it was perfectly quiet and private. The room was very luxurious and the fireplace and other touches made it very romantic. The bathroom was nearly as large as the room with a steam shower as well as a jaccuzi tub. The breakfast on the patio was delicous and very tranquil. The restaurant at the hotel was also not overrated, excellent food and service. The room service would leave different things in your room each night, one day it was a homemade s'mors kit. We sat outside around the firepit a couple of different nights and had a nice time meeting other guests. Truly a wine country gem of a hotel. Great location for experiencing both Napa & Sonoma Valley wineries.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have just got back from California after staying at Farmhouse Inn as part of a wedding party. We had the most amazing time and this hotel could not have been any better. Our room in the barn was beautiful, the breakfasts were delicious and the attention to detail and service from the excellent staff was exceptional. We really hope to come back one day, thank you so much for looking after us so well.

Room Tip: We saw alot of the rooms and they were all lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Calic0cat
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Every detail attended to. An amazing property and only going to get better following upgrades/ expansion coming in 2014. Concierge Tamara simply the best we have run across in the US....super knowledgable and willing to put in the hard work to make things perfect. Megan also was super, and made problems go away with ease and grace.

Room Tip: Rooms 17 and 18 great.....but after renovations others may be same or better....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Farmhouse Conci... S, Manager at Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us! I really enjoyed planning your itinerary and I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing time. I look forward to having you back for many years to come. Tamera