“The Elopement of Our Dreams” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant

Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
Paris, France
“The Elopement of Our Dreams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

.....Anyone looking for the perfect elopement package, I highly recommend, "The Farmhouse Inn."
This amazing country Inn is nestled among the vineyards of Sonoma County in Forrestville. It was so easy as the bride to just show up and have all the wedding details in order, a warm and friendly staff to greet you with "your every wish is their command", gourmet food that seduced your taste buds and the best of California's wines --- all with a top notch flair. I couldn't have wished for a more intimate and "simple but elegant" wedding experience.
I recommend staying at the "new" barn for special occasions and for the most perfect bridal suit but I saw the other rooms at the Inn and you can't go wrong with any of the offerings. Each room is a true sanctuary. Don't forget to stop my guest services and collect all the yummy spa supplies like milk baths, bath salts/soaps and herbal scrubs.
My husband and I really appreciate all the energies that went into making our wedding a pure delight and really felt a true "value added" experience to our whole 5-day stay.
If you are headed to Sonoma County and you are looking for the perfect get-away love nesk--the farmhouse Inn is a MUST STAY.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
csb0214, Elopement Coordinator at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your time with us. We absolutely loved helping you from start to finish. You were all so lovely and such fun to work with. Thank you again for choosing Farmhouse. We'll look forward to seeing you again- soon, we hope!
Warmly,
Marilyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
san pedro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

My mom and I truly enjoyed our stay at the Farmhouse Inn. The hospitality was beyond our expectations. Our room was beautiful with the fireplace, sauna, and jacuzzi tub. We especially loved the breakfast, bath bar, and snack bar. I cannot stop gushing about the service and all the extra nice touches, like the reading light, water and milk in the refrigerator, and the nightly cookies.

• Stayed April 2010
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

This was the most romantic getaway for my fiancee and I. From the moment we got there to the very end, the service was impeccable and the staff did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Not only were they super friendly, but knowledgeable about activities around the area. The room is simply amazing. You have to get a barn room. It's so spacious and comfortable. Felt like a little mini villa! All the little touches like the milk and cookies, bath salt bar, snack bar, breakfast at a 1 star Michelin restaurant, etc. All of it was perfect! Will definitely be planning a trip back.

nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

Just returned from a fabulous four night stay. My husband and I loved our room, number 13 in the barn. Our room was spacious, elegant and extremely private. Our views of the wilderness were amazing! We really loved the indoor-outdoor fireplace, which we used anytime we were in the room. The bath with the jetted tubes and the steam shower were a plus. The knowledgeable staff made reservations for us at local wineries where we were treated to personal tours and tastings. The food, especially the breakfast offered by the Farmhouse, was outstanding. Each morning you had your choice of dish. Try my favorite, the hash and beets. The staff at the Farmhouse was warm and friendly, and made our stay special. We can't wait to go back to heaven at the Farmhouse.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

I loved my time at Farmhouse Inn. In fact, it was so wonderful that my fiance and I were inspired to ask about their wedding / event planning facilities (alas, the maximum is 10 ppl).

While we were cruising around Sonoma, we tried to list the wonders of Farmhouse Inn. Here's a sampling:
- professional without being sterile: no Westin here! Personalized attention made me feel like they were listening; great concierge advice about where to go, eat, be merry.
- focus on the experience, and not the little fees (free water, milk, bath bar, trail mix, smores, tea, milk, breakfast at the fabulous restaurant)
- plush amenities: we had one of the smaller rooms but it came with sauna, fireplace, and hot tub.
- affordable: internet deals make it affordable, especially if you go before the high season.

This inn may not be appropriate for those who want tons of space, or are avoiding the romantic atmosphere. Most of the guests were couples, including us.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

My husband and I just spent our 20th anniversary at The Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant and it exceeded our expectations on every measure. From the time we checked in where we could pick up DVDs, a good book, bath salts or a bath scrub for the jacuzzi bathtub in our cottage, snacks or coffee/tea...all located where we checked in. From there we went to our amazing little cottage which was very romantic...a wite lace bed cover, wood-burning fireplace, chocolates and wine, and a CD playing light jazz when we walked in. Our dinner was amazing, and the wine choice spectacular. They use a lot of local producers of fruit, vegetables, meats and fish. And the free breakfast the next morning was not your typical breakfast buffet but fresh grapefruit, buttermilk currant scones, and spinch/mushroom frittata. My husband and I travel a lot and it was one of the best places we've ever styed. You will not be disappointed, no matter what your expecations.

Healdsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

My husband and I went to the most recent winemaker dinner. The food was amazing and paired perfectly with the wines. We enjoyed the friendly service and warm feeling we had dining in their charming dining room. We stayed upstairs in a most romantic room that left us with a feeling of wanting to return soon! I had a wonderful massage at the spa and could not have asked for a more pleasant experience.
Catherine and Joe have certainly created a a slice of heaven and we will share our experience with our friends.
Glenna and Jacques Brix

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
csb0214, owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Thanks for the great feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed the dinner- Geoff and the team has so much fun putting them together. I heard that one went a little long... something about a bunch of extra wine?? Anyway, thank you both and I'm so glad you chose to visit us!
Catherine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forestville
Vintners Inn
Bodega Bay Lodge
Bodega Bay Lodge
#1 of 5 in Bodega Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,089 reviews

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!