“A wonderful bakery”
Review of Nightingale Breads

Nightingale Breads
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Forestville
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Since moving to Forestville, this is my weekly stop for the most authentic, perfect baguette in Sonoma County. Beth and her staff put all their love and energy in an outstanding product. I just wish they were open earlier in the morning to pick up a loaf for breakfast.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've been buying bread from this bakery since it opened. The only problem with the individual baguettes is that it's hard not to eat them before getting home. Everything is delicious. My personal favorites are the challah (available on Friday) and the gingerbread (only at Christmas, sadly.)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

every loaf of freshly baked bread we have tried at Nightingales has been delicious....you can't go wrong what ever you select

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We've seen a lot of places come and go in Forestville over the years, and so we wondered how long a simple little bakery with only a few different kinds of bread would last; one taste of their classic baguette, however, and I would say their permanence is practically assured. To cite but one example: I recently bought four baguettes to contribute to a friend's retirement party down by the beach where guests dined on freshly caught crab, fresh salmon, salad and local wines --- and the only thing nearly every guest asked me was where I'd picked up "that incredible bread."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of their sourdough batard, which has excellent texture but almost no flavor, but luckily they also sell a pre-sliced "sandwich style" sourdough loaf which has a much livelier taste. There is also a modest selection of cheeses and spreads to help augment your picnic.

They keep slightly exotic hours, so do check before you drive out there to make sure they're open. And if you arrive late in the day, be ready for picked-over shelves! This is a popular spot.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is the real deal. OId world wood fired oven and perfect crispy baguettes. Get there early because they often sell out!