“Perfect vacation”
Review of Hotel Saudade

Hotel Saudade
Ranked #1 of 9 Gradac B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed 10 days in the cradle of nature, Croatian Gradac and the most perfect 4 star hotel Saudade. If it had been possible, we would have stayed there for the whole summer. We found there the most pure shores, pure air. The sunset is too beautiful for words. As for the hotel, it is so comfortable that deserves 5 stars. Breakfasts and dinners were included and we really enjoyed them. Our room on the 5 floor in the right corner was very clean and comfortable. In the night we slept with a balcony door opened and were lulled by the sea... By the way, the beds are very cosy, so you fall asleep as soon as you touch it )))
In addition, we were very pleased with the staff. Our warm regards to waiters Robert and Nikola, and a very kind and friendly woman, hotel receptionist, sorry but forgot to ask her name. Strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Maria P
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saudade

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My friend was in Saudade hotel, and recommended me to go there when we were talking to go to take a rest for a few days.
Everything he told me was correct. Friendly staff, excellent restaurant (sea food - the best I've ever tasted), spacious room, very clean everything you see or touch, and especially the very clean sea and nice beach just in front of the hotel. It was nice to talk with staff, rhey just want you to feel comfortable, and do their best.
The thing I noticed is that hotel is so simple, without kitsch details, and that simplicity gives it's beauty.
My wife and I like climbing, and when they told us that there is a hill called "Vrisje" it was really nice suprise. In the morning we took our equipment and the owner drove us to the start position (thank you Dino), advised us what are the things we should be careful of, and it was really nice experience.
So, we strongly recommend Saudade, we recommend Gradac, little place but great place for rest.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stefan L
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I work few years in Mostar, and I decided to get some rest near the sea. For start, me and my girlfriend choose little place in Makarska riviera, called Gradac.
At first we wanted to stay one night and go to other place, but we felt so well in the Saudade hotel, and we stayed three nights.
It is not so big hotel, but it has everything you need. Clean, comfortable rooms, with large balcony with amazing sunsets. The sea is maybe 10m distanced from the hotel.
All you need is to cross the street and you are at very nice pebble beach with hotel beach chairs (they charge you 5 Euro per day, but it's OK, the guy brings it to you and wash after you), in the morning you can smell the sea, the fresh, clean sea. Maybe we were lucky because it was the end of the full season, and beach was not overcrowded, but we enjoyed so much.
The hotel Ala cart restaurant is the spacial one! Terrace just by the sea, the food very delicious, especially the sea food. The staff who can recommend the right wine, who can explain everything you want to know.
It was really the rest in the full meaning of this word. For the people who wants to take a rest, who wants to swim in clean sea, who wants to taste delicious Mediterranean food and enjoy amazing sunsets, hotel Saudade is the right place!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The hotel was just what I was looking for. It has a great position over looking the sea, it is in a quite location but equally is only a few minutes stroll to the centre of the town. The hotel itself had a very friendly atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming. They have an exceptionally good chef at the restaurant and I certainly found the food to be superior to other places in Gradac. A genuinely top quality boutique hotel and the ideal place for a relaxing trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We are visiting Croatia seaside very frequent to spend holiday in the middle of beauty-spot and nuture there. Moustly we have been accommodated in various coast hotels.
This year we have decided spend our holiday in Gradac by using hotel Saudade services and we have to say that it was really a good choice.

The new smaller hotel with family feeling is very good maintained , the room we had at disposal was fashionablly and tastefully furnished – of course with beautiful view to the sea
and pinnacles of Pelješac peninsula. Everewhere in the hotel you can smell cleannes
and novelty. Hotel staff provided us very good service and nice hospitality,the restaurant offered delicious dishes including typical see food.
It was really very nice twelve days we spent in this atmosphere – thanks for that.

Stanislav K

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stanislav K
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed in hotel Saudade 8 days in August and I was absolutely content with all.The hotel is new and nice and clean. The location cannot be better. it is in a quiet romantic part of Gradac, 10 m from the pebble beach enclosed from pine forest which smells in the room when you open the door. The rooms are spacious with wonderfull panoramatic view over the sea and peninsula Pelješac. When you donť need the climatisation (it works very good) so you can open the window and hear the whisper of the sea as a lullaby...The bathroom is big with well scented towels. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpfull, they speak German and English and Mr. Davor Andrijašević speaks not only English but also Russian and Czech and he knows very much about the culture and history of this beautiful place on earth...
The wonderfull thing for me was the calmness and peace in and about the hotel. No loud music, no noise, only silent music at breakfast which I took outside and watched the sea. And when you need some rush you can walk about 5 minutes in the town...
You can make also nice excursions from the hotel: to Split, Dubrovnik, Medjugorje, Mostar...Especially the trip to Dubrovnik is very nice - about the Bačinska jezera (two seas), and the delta of river Neretva.
I was really very content with my stay in hotel Saudade and would recomend it to all travellers.
So, I

Room Tip: I had a Superior room in the second florr and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Žofia M
Reviewed 24 September 2011

After too commercialized cites and hotels in other European destinations, coming to Croatia and Gradac was unique and surprisingly pleasant experience. Atmosphere and staff in this hotel attributed to this more than a positive feeling.
Hotel is at the excellent position-at the beach and it offers you peace, but on the other hand city center is only 10 minutes far on foot.
Rooms are spacious, with big comfortable beds and terrace from where you have beautiful panoramic view.Food was marvelous and dinners served on the terrace were accompanied by live music.
Hotel is small, new and clean and staff is friendly and very professional. Everything in Saudade is far above the 4 stars hotel standard level!
Can't wait my next summer brake because I know I'll spend it in this hotel again..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Eadgyth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gradac
Hotel Labineca
Hotel Bella Vista
Hotel Bella Vista
#3 of 3 in Drvenik
Aminess Grand Azur Hotel

Been to Hotel Saudade? Share your experiences!