“Otter Bar - a gift!!!”
Review of Otter Bar Lodge

Otter Bar Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Forks of Salmon
Otter Bar Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Forks of Salmon
sacramento, ca
“Otter Bar - a gift!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2007

Oh, My..... where to begin?

Food - the best! For a place so far from "normal" civilization, they manage to keep all their guests very happy. In the week I was there, we had a vegan, a lactose-intolerant, a vegetarian, and a wheat-intolerant guest. Whew! As a cook for a small group (14 guests), I thought the cooks would go crazy - NO! With ease, they managed to cater to all the guests, with subtle variations to the main course to accommodate all the little needs. And, they never made a big deal of it, very graceful. And the food was always wonderful - after a long day on the water, I always felt coddled.

The lodge - Wow!! Off-the-grid, and eco-conscious, we still enjoyed all the creature comforts (except for telephone - which was a relief!). Down quilts on the beds, a warm fire in the mornings, and hot coffee for the chalk-talks by the fire. Mmmmm. I felt like a baby swaddled.

The hosts - accommodating. Friendly, and warm . i love them.

The kayak instruction - hooo wee!... I want to come back. They accomodated all the varying skills that we brought, and managed to work through our fears and push us just enough.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — the long drive to get there
  • Stayed June 2004, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kayakcanada

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Otter Bar Lodge? Share your experiences!