“Good housekeeping spot”
Review of Shoreline Cottages

Shoreline Cottages
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Enjoyed cottage 2. Very clean with a very functional little kitchen: four burner gas stove with oven and decent size refrigerator-freezer combo. Down side is small room and limited storage space. We'll return.

2  Thank tsainta

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Nice cozy place -- We enjoyed our short stay.
Area in courtyard to walk the dog + a large backyard area to let him run around.
Basket of dog towels and dog snacks when we arrived.
Comfortable stay ---

3. Some rooms have a nice patio with table and chairs
4. Personnel helpful
5. Convenient location to dog friendly beach with hoses to wash off your dog

On the minus side:
1. Queen bed was more like a double - uncomfortable and not large enough for 2 people + 2 dogs
2. Bathroom water scalding hot - impossible to take a shower or jacuzzi tub as you can't access enough cool water.
3. Walls are very thin - can be very noisy with neighboring children and next door RV parking
4. A bit difficult to find - gas station across the street a good marker
5. No sink - they provide dish soap to wash your dishes in the bathroom sink...
Hwy 20 from 101 has less curves than Hwy 128.

Room Tip: Cottages with kitchens are really small. Rooms with refer and microwave are much larger and some ha...
4  Thank United50K
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My daughter and I stayed for a wonderful weekend in the Moose Cottage. It was fantastic having a kitchen, so if we wanted to cook we could, or we could dine out. The cottage was clean and very comfortable. We loved the new hot tub, it was nice watching the sun set while soaking!!
I have stayed at the cottages several times and am never disappointed! My husband and I love the place, and my daughter and her family have stayed there also and love it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Loved the Shoreline Cottages! It was so awesome, they allowed pets of any size. We have two 90lb Great Pyrnesse puppies, who loved the deck outside, which gave us privacy and a great feel of the coast!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bellaandbonden
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I get the impression each unit is very different based on all the great reviews. I just recently stayed there, and I was not thrilled with the accommodations. The room was very small, and a squeeze for my mom, me and my dog. Our room had one queen bed, and so I had asked for an extra mattress. It was explained up-front that the mattress would have to be on the floor, so no problems there. What I didn't anticipate was that the mattress would actually be a flimsy, fold-up mat....like an exercise mat. Very uncomfortable. There wasn't much floor space so in an attempt to not completely block my mom from getting to the door or her suitcase, I put my mattress against the wall where it seemed to make sense, but that meant my head was close to the pilot light for the gas furnace. The second night I butted the mattress up against the bed, but it was awkward at best. My experience with the innkeeper was similar to the last reviewer and I did not find her to be engaging. Lastly, I was hoping for a nice long walk on the "dog-friendly" beach the night I checked in, but was told that the stairs to the beach after dark might not be the best. I appreciated that information, and I'm not sure I could have found the rather secluded stairs in the dark anyway. For me, this location was not the best choice for a stay with a dog.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Egret55
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I took my little sister to the coast and wanted to show her the Shoreline Cottages. They are the greatest little places to stay. They are minutes from everything. The beds are the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on (including my own) and that is just a great feeling after climbing the bluffs all day. I recommended the Shoreline Cottages to all my family and friends, and I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: any of the rooms there are wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family