“Loved Our Stay”
Review of Shoreline Cottages

Shoreline Cottages
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We enjoyed our 2 night stay in one of the suites.Jasper and Sasha(our dogs) felt right at home and enjoyed the V.I.P. treatment. Doggie beds ,treats and their own towels. Plenty of room for all of us in our cozy suite and loved our private deck.Treats for humans as well and great fridge,micro etc.We had an issue with a scary electric short in the bathroom light fixture and a very nice handyman was there in 20 minutes to fix the problem.The manager on site was very nice and the property is well kept .Very clean rooms and the bed was comfortable.A great stay for pups and people.

Room Tip: The suites are great if you have dogs and/or kids. The deck gives you even more space. I have fairly...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslyn D

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I'm so happy with this place! We stayed in the surf suite. First off, the grounds are beautiful and have plenty of things to do! There is a sweet spa with a cute deck space around it, a huge back grounds area for dogs/kids with two house shoe pits!!! The gas fire place instantly heats up the room. The wonderful, clean jacuzzi/rainfall shower/tub is amazing! The bed is so soft it feels like I'm sleeping in a cloud! I'm just so stoked I got all this for $200 for 2 days! We brought our furbaby Rikky and he was provided with a dog bed, biscuits, and water/food bowls. So cute! This place is certainly for dog lovers, I'm glad I listened/read the reviews on Trip Advisors! Will come again soon!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed for three nights in the surf suite as opposed to the cottages. The cottages would have been quieter, but less room. The entire property is fenced and very accomodating for pets. Our dog was very happy. All of the pet owners were curtious and picked up after their pets. The suite was comfortable except for a few quirks. The suites have instant hot water and the temperature control can be tricky. There is no room phone, but cell reception is good. There are no drawers for clothes and minimal hanging space, so be prepared to work out of your suitcase. The office is helpful and housekeeping does a really good job. Overall, I would stay here again, but might try the cottages next time in stead of the suite.

Room Tip: The walls of the suites are very thin and the room can be very noisy with neighbors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ncaltraveler_11
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This really reminded me of places I stayed in as a child, traveling on vacation with my family in the Midwest. Nothing "foofy." Just a clean, nice place to stay.

My sister and I, along with 2 of her friends (4 adult women) went up for an overnight. Shoreline Cottages were the perfect choice, as we rented the 2 "family" rooms (rooms 8 and 9), each with 2 queen beds. That way we each had our own bed, without paying $1000 for 4 rooms at a B and B!

Although right on Highway 1, the cottages are amazingly quiet. They are immaculate, with decent beds and very functional bathrooms. It is obvious the owners take a lot of pride in maintaining the property. After a long day in the car and on the beach, the hot tub was delightful.

The owner, Kim, was friendly and helpful with maps, dinner suggestions, etc. And her butterscotch chip cookies were a nice treat! Although we were not traveling with dogs this trip, I often am - and was delighted to see how welcome dogs were, and how perfect the accommodations were for them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This place really gets it about dogs. And their owners. A few cottages are available to pets who get a doggie package upon arrival (bed, towels, cookies and an extra bed sheet). There is a big fenced area in back where dogs can be off leash as well as another area out front. It was apparent to me that dog owners were really good about picking up. The cottage was probably a remodeled '40's vintage so it was small, but if you want big and fancy, go to Mendo and leave your pet at home. The cottage was clean, even the kitchen had decent cook wear, not chipped or warped or scuzzy. My only gripe was about the carpet which was appallingly dirty which I discovered after going barefoot and then noticing that the soles of my feet were very yucky. Off-putting, but....I still liked it a lot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank burrata
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are traveling down the coast and decided to stop in here.
And we are sure glad we did.
The cottages are very private with their own carport.
The shared outdoors hot tub was a nice way to relax after a long drive.
The kitchen is fully stocked which was great because we just wanted to pick up food and beverages at Safeway and eat in.
I love how dog friendly they are and definitely will be taking our dog Sophie with us next time.
The place is very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MsBobi
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We enjoy relaxing by the fire each night in the garden area. Everyone is so nice and accommodating. We cook several meals in the full kitchen during each stay. We love the electric fireplace in the cottage.

• Stayed: September 2013