My family and I stayed here for one night during our trip up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle. What a nice visit! The rooms were spotless and charming and the staff were very friendly and helpful. In fact, we felt like we were staying in the home of a good friend rather than a hotel room - very warm and inviting. Our kids (ages 6 and 9) LOVED coming back to the room in the evening and popping popcorn in the microwave! The popcorn and hot chocolate are nice touches.
We visited the Glass Beach after dinner. What a great way to end the day! We watched the sun go down, dipped our toes in the water, found some colorful glass and even saw a seal laying on the rocks! We had the place to ourselves.
The one thing I wasn't expecting was how built up Fort Bragg is. Don't get me wrong. It's not a city by any means. However, it felt like a bit like a east coast shore town - a bit riff-raffy. Fortionately, the hotel is on the outskirts of the town. On the plus side, Fort Bragg is a GREAT place to stock up on supplies if you're traveling through the area heading towards more "wild places".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shoreline Cottages - where coastal history meets modern comfort. This beautiful property is located on Highway 1 - between Mendocino and Fort Bragg. It is adjacent to the beach and many regional attractions, including state parks, beaches, and more! The pet-friendly rooms include cottages with full kitchens and a queen bed (2 have fireplaces) and standard rooms with 2 queen beds, and are located around a lovely park area with trees, grass, and picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Shoreline Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Cottages Hotel Fort Bragg
- Shoreline Hotel Fort Bragg