“Fabulous Place”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
California
“Fabulous Place”
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Check in was quick and easy. The cleanest room I have ever stayed in. Great location. Decorated so cute. We only stayed over night, very quick trip but it was outstanding. We will for sure be back. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++ in all areas.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjbarrett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 14 October 2009

What a great place. Mostly newly decorated, very clean, very nicely maintained. The owners of this place have really put some great work into this. Bathrooms are a little small, but that it to be expected from the era these cottages were built. Love the kitchenettes as well.

Owners are super friendly, and were very helpful when we wanted to get a cab into town. I will definitely be back to stay. Also LOVE that they are pet and motorcycle friendly!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Shoreline Cottages is a great place to stay. Conveniently located on Hwy 1 (a five minute walk to the seashore), my cottage had a fully equipped kitchen and an electric fireplace. What makes this place so special is that each cottage has a "theme". I chose the "Dog Cottage" and it was absolutely adorable! I should also mention that the cottage was SPOTLESS and the grounds well-kept.

The owners were very friendly and professional. I plan to make Shoreline Cottages my annual "retreat".

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank ComfyPJs2
Eureka, CA
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My wife and I stayed here for an overnighter to Fort Bragg. We picked this place based on the reviews from TripAdvisor.

Overall, we were really happy with our stay at the Shoreline Cottages.

Lets start with finding the place. Its right on Hiwy 1, a little south of the Hiway 20 turn off. Its hard to miss, on the east side of 1. Parking was fine until the place started filling up. The parking lot area got a little crowded then.

The staff there were friendly and helpful, and I can't really think of a bad thing to say abou them.

We stayed in the Surf Suite. The room is large, has a futon, a bed that was large enoug for both me and the wife to be comfortable, a fireplace, and a bathroom with an extremely large jacuzi tub (huge selling point here). There is a HDTV mounted on the wall, and a DVD player as well. There was a small fridge and a cupboard with various types of dishes and snacks.

The room was clean and comfortable. Another selling point to the Suites is the private patio out the back side. Only the two suites have the private patios. All the other cottages have a small table and chairs outside the front door. Another huge selling point.

Since it was our aniversary weekend, the staff left us a small gift and a "Happy Anniversary" in our room, a nice little gesture.

I have only two real complaints here:

1. I enjoy a breakfast. I want some oatmeal or a waffle, or something. A breakfast would be a good option here.

2. The wall to our suite that the bed was against shares the bathroom wall of the adjoining cottage. Why this is, I dont' know. But I awoke after a pretty good night's sleep to the sound of someone peeing. Not pleasent. If you want to avoid this, stay in the Sun Suite. I believe their bathroom wall shares the same wall as ours, and there are no adjoining cottages, besides the Surf Suite.

So it was a good stay. I think it was a little pricey, and a couple of small things were a bother. But otherwise, it was a good choice to stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoffeeGrind
Turlock
Reviewed 1 October 2009

My husband and I have stayed here for several years and have found the Cottages to be a relaxing and peaceful stay. So, when my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary and wanted to go to Fort Bragg, we got them a cottage.They had one of the best vacations of recent memory and a good part of it had to do with the wonderful hospitality at Shoreline Cottages. Their cottage was peaceful, comfortable, and the staff helpful. My parents loved everything about your place, my father even complimented you on your choice of EO products. I appreciate the willingness to work out their reservation ahead of time with me and the kind attention they provided for them. Shoreline Cottages made all the difference. Thank you a million times!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Sacramento CA
Reviewed 30 September 2009

This was a great place to stay! Cozy and clean rooms, very comfortable beds, fairly close to "downtown" Ft Bragg. We were at the back of the property (cottage 7 and room 8) and all was very quiet. There were tasty snacks (Cheddar Bunnies!) and terrific smelling organic soaps, too. We stayed only for one night and the accommodations for remainder of the trip paled by comparison. We all remarked at some point "I wish we'd just stayed at Shoreline Cottages". In fact, I wish we were back there right now - next time we'll get the suite.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Cohasset, CA
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We arrived early, and while the office was closed, one of the ladies that works there let us put our bags in our room. Both the outside and the inside were immaculate and we loved the Moose Room! Our German Shephard - Xena - loved it too. We also appreciated the covered parking that was provided with our room.

We will definitely be back and encourage you to try it too.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
#7 of 23 in Fort Bragg
Surf & Sand Lodge
Surf & Sand Lodge
#6 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Shoreline Cottages? Share your experiences!