“Probably Fort Bragg's best attraction.”
Review of Skunk Train

Skunk Train
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: Trips departing from both Fort Bragg, CA and Willits, CA on the historic Redwood Route of Mendocino County. The Pudding Creek Express departs from Fort Bragg, on which your train will travel along the Pudding Creek Estuary to Glen Blair Junction on this short and scenic 1-hour, 7-mile roundtrip. You will be traveling over some of the first tracks laid down by the California Western Railroad in 1885. Once the train stops it will immediately return to Fort Bragg. The Northspur Flyer departs from Willits, on which your train will climb the Eastern slope of the Coastal Mountain Range and cut through it at Tunnel #2 (the Summit) before descending down into the redwood-thick Noyo River Canyon. This 4-hour, 40-mile roundtrip allows you to explore the wondrous forest where the world’s tallest trees take you back in time. Once you arrive at Northspur, the midpoint of the railroad, you will disembark for an opportunity to walk around, purchase lunch, and breathe the pristine mountain air.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all, I love trains. The Fort Bragg Skunk Train is one of the best excursion rail rides I have ever been on. The half way ride to the turn around is good, but the second part of the full round trip to Willits is by far the most scenic. The open air cars give unlimited viewing of the redwood forests and canyons. This in one of my favorite ways to spend a day. A very good lunch can be had in Willits while waiting for the train back to Fort Bragg.

1  Thank Lawman57

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I took the train ride in July of 2013....It is fun and the entertainment was fun!
I have been on it several over the years and have always enjoyed it. Wonderful scenery.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took a trip on the Skunk train with our dog Annie and it was fun time for us.The staff was
very friendly and helpful and we will be back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

i have gone on the skunk train three times total. once as a couple, once with just my first daughter for halloween theme, and once with my husband and two daughters. each time was neat in itself. the half was lunch/dinner is so-so. plenty, i was okay with it, but my husband (who eats meat) didnt care for the meat, said it was dried out. but the atmosphere at the mid way stop was fun for the 3 year old. and my oldest when she stoped there for Halloween facepainting etc. the main guy who has CDs with his son, sings, plays harmonica etc. old train songs, which is fun. the other families seem to be in a common good mood. its not something you want to do every month, or even every year, as the train ride can get long, but first timers or every few years sure! have fun

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We took the 1/2 day ride and it was fun. You travel through the CA Redwoods either in a 1920's rail car or an open air rail car. The conductor we spoke to is a retired fireman and he was friendly & very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the rail road. Bring a camera/cell phone, because you will see a 1000 year old redwood, outposts and wildlife. =)

1  Thank Margaret N