“Very good experience for our Wedding Reception Dinner”
Review of Cliff House - CLOSED

Cliff House
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1985 the Cliff House Restaurant of Fort Bragg has been providing tourists and locals with the finest dining experience on the coast. With breathtaking views of the entrance to Noyo Harbor and the Pacific Ocean, you can’t find a better seat.
Turlock, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good experience for our Wedding Reception Dinner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had been to the Cliff House a couple of times before and had positive dining experiences, so we decided to give them a shot to host our reception dinner after we got married on the coast. They did an excellent job. They hosted about 60 of us in the bottom section of the restaurant over looking the harbor and the service was excellent. The people in my party raved about the Filet and how it was cooked, my wife loved the ravioli dish as well. My favorite item I had all night was the Coconut Prawns appetizer, it was great. The best part is that they are very reasonably priced and provided great overall service for their value, and if you decide to use the Cliff House for something like this I suggest doing it on a Friday, because they have karaoke on Friday's starting at 9 PM and me and my whole wedding party( about 45 of us) went up to the bar and pretty much brought the house down and closed the bar down.

• Visited August 2014

Kansas
“Great wait staff”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The view from this restaurant is excellent! They also run a great special from 4-6! Food was nice, nothing out of this world, but the wait staff made our meal excellent! Fun to do for at least one meal!

Visited July 2014
Riverside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T GO HERE”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We we recently traveled to Fort Bragg and wanted to go to a restaurant with a view. When we walked in, we immediately were not impressed. It is very tired looking with worn furniture and carpet. It desperately needs updating. We were seated in a timely manner. But it took about 30 minutes for anyone to come to our table. Finally, a waiter came and ask if we wanted anything to drink. My husband ordered a beer and I ordered a soft drink. After another 45 minutes just sitting there I went to try and find a manager. I came across a man who looked like he might be the manager talking to a couple at another table. I explained that we had ordered drinks 45 minutes earlier but hadn't gotten them. He said "Let me see if I can help" then returned to talking to the other customers. After another 30 minutes went by, we gave up and decided to leave. We crossed paths with the "Manager" on the way out and I told him we still had not gotten our drinks. His response was "I put it in the system". Apparently he thought that resolved the problem without even following up to make sure, great management skills. When we started to walk out the front door I ask the woman at the hostess area if she might be the owner. I was so pleased when she answered yes. I explained what we had experienced and her response was, yes, I require all drink orders be put into the system. Her comment made it apparent to me that she had no concern for the us the customer. I can't speak for the food since we never got that far. They don't deserve to stay in business.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Debby K
Soulsbyville, California
“Overlook the Harbor while you eat”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice atmosphere. This place has weathered the tests of time. Good food, decent service and prices. Their BLT is very nice. Parking can be a challenge as well as leaving the parking lot.

Visited July 2014
Petaluma, California
“Gorgeous Views-Great Food!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Cliff House was a bright spot in our last trip to Ft. Bragg. We did not know about their early specials, but since we arrived before 6 p.m., we had great choices from an early dining menu that included a great bottle of wine and 2 entrees for just 30! We both ordered salmon since it was fresh (not farmed) and locally caught. Though the portion was likely smaller than the regular menu, it included fresh veggies and rice, and was just right! We were too full to try anything from their great sounding dessert menu. The service was perfect too! Our server, Kevin, was friendly and attentive. If you arrive after 6 p.m., they still have a great menu at reasonable prices. Make a reservation and request the ocean view...a total treat!

• Visited July 2014