Surf & Sand Lodge
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$85
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
US$236
US$214
US$165
Ocean View Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$209
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Best Western Vista Manor Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$147
BestWestern.com
Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$93
Travelocity
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$73
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
All reviewsocean viewsea sprayglass beachsecond floorsister hotelsmall deckbike pathhear the wavesshort walksliding doorfridge and microwavewalking trailsupstairs roombottom floorparking lotthe room was nicemackerricher state park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The reservation desk was very courteous, helpful and tried to accommodate our needs. The room was clean and has beautiful view of the ocean where we admired the beauty of the sunset. The walking/bike trail and hiking trails are right behind the hotel. Bike rental shops is few doors down the walking/bike path. The location is primed and convenience. Glass Beach is within walking distance from the hotel. Main shopping strip and the skunk train is about a mile away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Surf_Sand_Lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Surf & Sand Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you Melanie N for such a fantastic review! I'm so glad that you had a 5 out of 5 experience and that our staff was able to make your stay even better. It's also great that you took advantage of our sister hotel's bike rentals next door - it's a great way to explore the coast. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fort Bragg soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Surf and Sand Lodge earlier this week. We were also traveling with our dogs. Our room was clean and had a little porch with a view of the ocean. This hotel is located right next to a trail with awesome views of several beaches and the ocean. The trail is covered in beautiful plants & flowers with lots of dogs and people relaxing and enjoying the scenery. The bed was comfortable and it was very peaceful & quiet. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Surf_Sand_Lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Surf & Sand Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review, Darla P! I'm so glad that you and your dogs enjoyed your stay with us. It's great that you got to explore the beautiful Haul Road walking trail which runs up the coast. We look forward to welcoming you back to our peaceful spot by the sea!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently stayed at Surf and Sand Lodge and had a great time. The rooms are updated and very clean. We stayed on the 2nd floor and had a great ocean view.

The property is dog friendly and my only issue is they put all the pet friendly rooms in 1 building which is at most 10 feet from the highway - the noise from speeding trucks all night long and the fear that someone was going to drive right into the building because of its proximity to the road was a little unnerving to say the least. I would much rather listen to the ocean - that is why I was there!

I would have no problem paying a little more for a different room in the other buildings with the full ocean view because it was a very nice place but I don't think I will return until the "Pet Friendly Rooms" are more flexible.

As much as I would like to return I don't think I could stay in that same building again by choice because of the noise. I felt like we were dumped in the crappy rooms because we had a pet and I have never come across this feeling before.

Surf and Sand Lodge - Please let us travelers know on Trip Advisor if you become more flexible with your pet policies because I would love to return over the summer months but until then people travelling with pets beware - there are much more peaceful options out there......

Room Tip: Be aware the Pet Friendly Rooms are extremely noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irish77Ireland
Surf_Sand_Lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Surf & Sand Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much Irish77Ireland for your great review and valuable feedback. I'm so sorry that our pet friendly rooms were not to your liking. The reason that this particular building is our pet-friendly one is that it is the only one that is immediately adjacent to a grass lawn. This makes for very convenient access for people with dogs. And we cannot scatter pet rooms among other buildings because we have to consider our guests with animal allergies or fear of dogs. However, we are currently considering making a second building pet friendly. We are measuring the demand for pet rooms and if it becomes high enough, then we will convert another building. So check back with us for updates on possible new pet rooms! We hope to welcome you and your furry friends back to stay with us soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed there for 3 nights in a deluxe king with spa. Really enjoyed the room. Everything was very clean. Love this hotel. The only complaint is no one was available in the office to checkout until 8:00. Waited till 8:15 office still closed. Ended up going back to room and left key there. I think they need instructions on what to do if leaving early. I will stay here again because does have beautiful rooms and view.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank valerie h
Surf_Sand_Lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Surf & Sand Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you valerie h for your great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, but I'm sorry your checkout was confusing. Leaving your keys in your room was just the right thing to do. Our office is usually open promptly at 8, that must have been a one-time error. It's wonderful to hear that you will be visiting us again; we look forward to it!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We really enjoyed a recent stay at the Surf and Sand Lodge. Our room was beautifully made up, the beds were very confortable and the view from our balcony was just gorgeous. We also particularly liked the fact that we woke up refreshed without that 'air conditioned' feeling in the morning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kowhai2016
Surf_Sand_Lodge, Guest Relations Manager at Surf & Sand Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Liz D, thank you for your outstanding review! We just love hearing that our guests have had a 5/5 stay with us. I'm especially glad to hear that you like the beds - a good mattress really does make all the difference, doesn't it? We hope that next time you're in California you'll stay with us again!