“New Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2014

New restaurant where V' Canto used to be. Located right in the small downtown area on Laurel Street.. Nice all wood vibe inside, our 2 waitresses were friendly and very personal...Our four dinners had the same marinara sauce on them. Tasty but quite heavy..My Eggplant Parmesan had only a few tiny pieces of actual eggplant with lots of sauce...Not the usual slices I've become accustomed to at Italian restaurants...Husbands lasagna was just OK, again loads of sauce...Our smoked salmon Caesar salad was good but not worth the $15.00 charged..The best part was the little focaccia bread on a warming stone which accompanied the whole meal..I'll try other things next time..The breakfast menu sounds promising.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is one of those places we keep going back to when we are out with friends and suddenly it's time to figure out where to eat. It's open for breakfast and lunch, too, but I've only gone at night. There are several entrees priced particularly reasonably, though most entrees are priced about the same as at other local restaurants. Italian seems to be the most common theme, but there is good variety on the menu. All the pasta dishes are very good, but so are the fish tacos and salads. They have a good wine list and beer selection. Live music is pretty common on the weekends. Sounds like it becomes quite lively after 9 pm too. This restaurant was formerly V'Canto's, but it is now owned by their chef. Many great improvements seem to be planned.

1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It is called Ventana's now. They did have live music playing in the next room. We had rock cod with penne, eggplant permegiano, and shrimp fetuccinni. All dishes came out pretty tasty and the service was great. They had a nice wine selection too. Overall, a good find.

1  Thank Sangeeta D
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband had the chicken and artichoke pasta it was very good. I had a Caesar salad and a cup of minestrone soup. The salad was the best Caesar I have had in a long time. Perfectly dressed and very flavorful. I had to remind them of my soup (but not a big deal) I was very disappointed in the soup. No flavor at all. However the rest of the food was good a decent prices. Staff was friendly too.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I ate the bar and had the Saturday night special which was a type of pot roast; it was excellent. Had a couple of the local beers which I enjoyed. Owner even switched over a hockey game for me to watch an SEC football game that was on. I'll go back whenever I'm in the area.