“Much more than Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I love Italian food but can't eat pasta, so am always pleased to find an Italian restaurant that serves other options. I had the breaded, deep-fried fish and fries, and my husband had the sauteed rock cod. I should have known from the description that I was getting a very generous portion of nicely seasoned and cooked... fish and chips.

The front room was nearly empty but we were seated in the back, where an older man was noodling on the piano. Service was reasonably fast, friendly, and efficient. Prices were mid-range.

The only negative was that while we were eating, someone was trying to adjust the lights by flipping all the switches up and down, for about five minutes. Very disconcerting and not very pleasant.

We would return here when we're back in town again.

1  Thank Adeliegentoo

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We decided to try their breakfast this time. Don't be in a hurry because the meals will take a long time to make despite the fact there was only one other person in the restaurant. At least 30 minutes. I had the poached eggs on toasted froccacia. All dishes have fancy French names. My husband had a fritatta. Both our meals had the fried polenta. The food is really good, but be prepared to eat quite a lot of fat, French cheeses in and on your dish. Plus the fried polenta. We are both small eaters so we each only ate half our meals and saved the rest for later. Two breakfasts, one coffee, $35.00, with tip, kind of expensive.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Happy news for Italian food lovers on the North Coast. We had a very good dinner here. New life has been granted to a nice downtown Fort Bragg setting.

We started with a couple of the grilled oysters, a cup of minestrone and the Verona Salad. All delicious. Our main courses were as good: Penne with Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Hearts and Lasagna al Forno. Generous portions and very tasty. The Marinara sauce made my NY born heart very happy. We finished with the Tiramisu. Tiramisu can vary from cake-like to more pudding-like. This one is more pudding-like which is how I prefer it. I've had more alcohol laden versions of this dessert, but the flavor was right up there with the best I've had.

Service was fine - timely but not rushed. Our waitress was very helpful and enthusiastic. We initially ordered a wine that they were out of and she was able to offer a satisfactory substitution, bringing us a taste. The wine list focused on good local wines. Like everything on the menu, the wines were reasonably priced, too.

We also enjoyed the music (a pianist playing soft jazz).

In sum, we enjoyed our dinner here very much and will return. The food was delicious, presented nicely, the portions generous and the overall experience was delightful.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Having spent a few weeks on holiday and because of that dining out every night we were fortunate enough to discover this restaurant when we were staying a nite at Fort Bragg. Everything about Cucina Verona made this dining experience the best we had encountered so far on our trip. Food was excellent in quality, price reasonable and the staff exceptional. Each of our touring party was more than happy with their choices of meals which included both pasta and fish. If we had of been there for another night we would have most definitely returned the next night.
we will be recommending this restaurant to fellow Australian travellers passing through California.

1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I felt like I walked into a restaurante in Italy - very authentic with great atmosphere. The service was very good and the menu had plenty to choose from. We both had pasta for dinner and it was amazing!! I would go back again!