“So relaxing”
Review of Bamboo Garden Spa

Bamboo Garden Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bamboo Gardens Spa offers a variety of massages and we are one of the only locations in our area to offer traditional Thai massage. Try our East West Massage, which is half thai and then half deep tissue. It is the best of both worlds leaving you with a feeling of energized relaxation. We have beautiful soak tubs and saunas, plus decadent body treatment. One of our niches is being able to accommodate groups and couples . We have a total of 5 luxurious rooms that you can enjoy a treatment in; 3 of our rooms offer duo massages for people to enjoy their massages together. Although we do recommend advanced bookings, we can often fit in same day appointments if you are flexible on your time. The owners of Bamboo are both massage therapists and strive for excellence in quality and customer service. We would love to hear from about your experience, whether it was fabulous or lacking. That way we can continue to improve. We are always working to keep our spa current and fresh, for a consistently quality experience for all customers
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I had a couples massage. It was his first massage. We both really enjoyed our experience and left very relaxed.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Husband and I just returned from a coastal visit to Fort Bragg. We planned a winter weekend getaway, including couples massages, sauna and what was "suppose to be" spa time at the Bamboo Garden Spa. The spa facilities are very nice and the massages were good. Nice ambiance, tea and water provided as you enter with tranquil music to set a relaxing tone. The couples Cherry Blossom couples facilities were private and tranquil. Massages were good, but not great, as my husband's masseuse was a little heavy handed, leaving some light bruising, but he also failed to let her know to lighten up her technique. My masseuse was very good with a great touch. With all of the things going for the spa, the customer service was atrocious.

I made reservations more than 5 weeks in advance for a 50 min. couples massage with added scalp massage, 30 min. sauna and 50 min. spa time with additive (or so we thought). Was quotes almost $500. Understand that when I called, I asked many questions to find the best fit for all of the spa activities we wanted to take advantage of, plus, their website offers discounts (spa/treatment combo) and specials. The young woman making the reservation was all over the map, which explains how our reservation was so screwed up in the end. In wrapping up my reservation conversation, she explained that we would start with the 30 sauna to relax us, then on to massages and finally the spa time to wrap it up.

We arrived and waited to check in; as we waited, we observed a young woman clearly frazzled on the phone with another “future” customer. The phone was handed off midstream to someone else to help her out. I gave her my name; she immediately told me the cost, which seemed low, based on my reservation phone call. There was no review of services, review of facilities, just done and dirty payment. We were then told to go down to the end of the building hallway to enter the spa (no escort to welcome and guide?). We entered the main spa reception area and waited a couple of minutes before being greeted and whisked away into the Cherry Blossom room. Keep in mind that we had never been here before. No bags were provided for our belongings (as described on website), there was one pair of spa slippers in the room (I had to find someone to ask for a second pair), no explanation of the facilities in the room, very quick sauna control review and she was 4 feet from the nobs/controls. Nor were we told that shampoo, body wash were provided in the adjacent shower or how the shower worked. Nothing was explained; seriously? We scramble to make our way into the sauna and then shower before our massage. I looked at receipt while we wait to go into our massages and I see that the spa and additive were not included! Okay…this explains why the cost was so low. I questioned the young woman who greeted us in the hallway and explained what I reserved and that our reservation was incorrect. She struggled to understand and then glared at me and said she would check with the front desk. We moved on to our massages and when we were done, the masseuses turned on a shower for us to clean off oils and we were told we could get dressed. We walked out of the couples massage room and the young woman that greeted us offered us some tea, but never followed up on our reservation issue conversation.

Again, seriously? No one ever followed up with me or even apologized for screwing up our reservation. There are some definite customer service issues! Be sure you confirm your reservation before arriving and when you arrive and before you pay, make the receptionist review your reservation again (that was my fault for not questions at the time I paid, but I assumed they were that good based on reviews).

We frequent many spas of all shapes and sizes….this is not the “5 star” it claims to be. Sorry! Definitely need to improve your customer service and pay more attention to

1  Thank pjmartin1998
Reviewed 31 October 2012

It was my first time doing a full body massage. I was so limber after the massage. I am so glad I signed up for it. It was a great way to relax and energize for the coming days.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I had a tandem spa/massage and we loved it. It was a great way to pamper ourselves while on a vacation. Mallory was my masseuse and she was worth every cent!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2010

I went to Bamboo Garden Spa on a recent trip to Fort Bragg. I enjoyed it so much I had to go several times! The private tub and sauna rooms are fabulous. The spa is very, very clean. The facial and massage were divine.

Sure made my trip to Fort Bragg much more enjoyable and relaxing.