“Great local breakfast spot”
Review of David's Deli

David's Deli
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the Boatyard. we have a wonderfull staff and excellent food. Serving Breakfast and Lunch 7 days a week.
Oakland, California
“Great local breakfast spot”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Friendly service and good, fresh food for a reasonable price - just what we needed for breakfast before hitting the road. My husband and I split and omelette (the portions are big) - which came with a delicious buttermilk pancake - and a fruit cup. Everything was fresh and cooked well. This place is a bit hard to find - it's in the Boatyard Shopping Center - but worth checking out if you'd like to get away from touristy places.

• Visited June 2014

Minneapolis
“Excellent Food at Great Price”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Breakfast is awesome here. I got the "Get Up and Go" breakfast platter that had everything (bacon, pancakes, eggs, hash browns...). The bacon was the best part, which was the thick type of bacon. My brother got the BLT sandwich with fries. Great prices. The place was packed on Sunday for lunch. Would come back again!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Keeley Y
Yuba City, California
“Really surpised by the quality!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had heard good things about Davids for years, but had never eaten here before. It used to be located in a strip mall in Fort Bragg, but moved across the bridge into bigger quarters. I can see why. The hours are 6 am to 2 pm, breakfast and lunch.

We entered the restaurant and it was very busy. There were a couple of tables being cleaned and we grabbed one. The woman that was cleaning the tables got us a couple of menus and took our drink orders and informed us of the specials on the board. They serve breakfast and lunch and you can order breakfast right up until closing which is at two in the afternoon.

Our waitress showed up and after some friendly banter, took our orders. We both ordered sandwiches, mine with coleslaw and I also ordered a side of onion rings. When our food was brought over the waitress told us she would be right back with ketchup. I told here were really didn't need any.

The sandwiches were extremely fresh, and by fresh I mean the meats and cheeses were freshly carved. Yes, the turkey is carved from a real turkey breast and the ham from a real piece of ham and the cheese from blocks of cheese. It's not pre-sliced like a lot of these fast food sandwich places. I ordered a Supreme sandwich which included cheese, turkey, ham, dressing, lettuce all on rye bread (you have your choice of breads).

After a couple of minutes the waitress came by to check on us and remarked that she forgot the ketchup and would get us some. We explained we really didn't have anything we wanted ketchup for, and that she didn't need to bring us any. She said o.k.

A minute or two later the waitress returned to refill our drink and brought us ketchup. I asked why she was so determined to bring us ketchup when we didn't want any and she said if she didn't bring it she felt like something was missing from the table. Whatever. Great service and we never did use any ketchup.

I can see why people like this place. The food is absolutely fresh and of the best ingredients, service is excellent and the staff is very friendly. We even saw a waitress that worked at another establishment eating lunch there. She told us she knew all the best places to eat.

If you want lunch, or just a couple of sandwiches to go, you can't go wrong with the quality of food here. Oh, and David has owned this restaurant in a long time. The waitress said the current owner was about the sixth one since the original one, but the name has been kept along with the great quality.

• Visited May 2014
Branscomb calif.
“Quick and friendly”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

First, the service is very informative (of the dish you are inquiring about), and fast and friendly. Service gets a 5 star rating. The menu is not really big, but I have only eaten there twice now, and the two items I had were good. First the Ruben. Yes, that was full of very good corned beef, and good bread and a salad was my choice of side. You have quite a few sides to choose from. Yesterday, I had a french dip. The beef was good and plenty of it, again choice of sides. The only comment I would make about this order, was it came with american cheese which I have never seen on a french dip. I should have had that left off. It also came with grilled onions, which was nice. The au jus could have been heartier tasting. But all in all a nice lunch. Coffee is always fresh, strong and very good. Prices just can't be beat. My lunch was a little over $12 for a very hearty size sandwich a large salad, coffee, and a little plate of celery and carrot with ranch dip for a little snack while waiting for the sandwich. What's to complain about here? Just wish the menu was a tad more expanded. Love to see some pasta on there, such as veggie lasagna, spanacopita, and the like, also maybe a little fish. All in all I love to come here. If I lived near by, it would be a much more frequent stop for me.

• Visited April 2014
Sacramento, California
“Found a new breakfast spot”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great breakfast, popular place. Owner seemed to know everybody, and was very friendly with locals and tourists too.

• Visited March 2014