“Great value for $!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for $!”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

As we are travelling through the US for four weeks we need to manage our nightly accommodation budget tightly.

We have been continuously impressed with the quality of Super 8 Hotels when compared with price.

The Fort Bragg motel was also being set up with new beds which is always a good sign!

WiFi and breakfast is always included and we've found them to be a reliable port of call throughout our stay on the West Coast. The owners are always very friendly too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clare A
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Your review is greatly appreciated. It is nice to get a review from loyal Super 8 visitors. Yes, we have recently replaced mattresses. We are always working to make sure we keep improving our guests stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
bmpe77
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Being somewhat of a snob, and Super 8 having somewhat of a seedy reputation where I grew up, I booked with much hesitation, but trusted these reviews. All in all, it's a decent place to stop. Although the exterior could use some paint, the room was in good shape and very clean. My room was above the office, so it had a vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan (along with AC of course). It's also convenient to beaches and Safeway is just a short distance up the road.

Room Tip: Get the room above the office if you can. It has high ceilings and large windows.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bmpe77
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you were happy with your stay. We try to go above and beyond what is required normally by Super 8. We want each of our guests to feel that they had a great stay and visit to the Fort Bragg area. We hope you will come back and visit us again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We were in town for a funeral, and everyone we were traveling with was very sad and depressed. Our travel plans were booked last minute by relatives, and without much thought. Having stayed in Fort Bragg dozens of times, I had seen the Super 8 with the Perkos in the parking lot, but never really thought much about it. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! We arrived late, driving up from the city, and the front desk staff could not have been more accommodating. Our room looks like it had been remodeled recently, and the bathroom was spotless! Fresh linens, a mini fridge, and a microwave were all very welcomed. The parking lot looks like it was kept up, and the front lobby was very clean and comfortable too. They offer a continental breakfast, but we went across the way to Perkos instead, where they were offering a discount to people who stayed at Super 8 which was nice. The price was great for our room, and all of the family members who also stayed the evening here shared in our observations. Upon check out, the more morning front desk staff was equally as kind as the evening crew. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this location to others.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DarlingStarling27
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our very best to make each of our guests feel welcome and have a comfortable place to stay. I am very sorry to hear that your visit was for such a sad reason and I am sorry for your loss. I do hope you are able to return to visit us again on a much happier occassion.
Gridley, California
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The staff, especially housekeeping, were extremely helpful. The room was clean, and given the fact that it is a pet friendly room, didn't have any "animal" smells! We were on the bottom floor, by the ice maker ( pretty noisy). Other than a few noisy neighbors, the stay was pleasant. We will definately be staying with you on our next trip to Fort Bragg!

Room Tip: Quieter on the top floors, away from the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anita J
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Super 8 in Fort Bragg, CA. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the pet friendly room. We do give special attention to our pet friendly rooms to make sure they are so clean that you do not even notice they had a pet in them. I am sorry that you had some outside noise during your stay. Please feel free to call ahead before you visit us next time and we will be happy to pre-assign you a room away from the ice machine and even upstairs if you wish. We look forward to your next vistit with us.
California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is older but room was clean, everything worked, no issues. Frig and microwave in the room and free WiFI. Good location approx 1-2 miles from downtown Fort Bragg. We were on the second floor, the room was pretty quiet.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank d123_12
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you found your stay with us to be comfortable, clean and quite. All the requirments for a good stay and my personal goal for every guests experience. I know you mentioned that the hotel is slightly outdated. I want to let you know that we are in the process of updating our rooms and this process should be completed very soon. I hope you are able to come back and visit us. I would be interested in your opinion of our updates.
Salinas, California, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at the Ft Bragg Super 8 on two occasions. The first was for a pleasure trip to see family. Because of the great experience on that trip, I chose to stay there during a recent business trip to the area. I was again treated to an excellent stay. The beds are comfortable, the room is quiet and the WIFI connection is steady, which is extremely important to me.
Thanks for a great experience. i am in the area two to three times a year and whenever I am in Ft. Bragg, the Super 8 will be my place to stay!

Chuck Bolner
Coastal Inspection Service, Inc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chuck B
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Also, thank you for choosing us for your preferred place to stay while in Fort Bragg, CA. We look forward to your next visit.
Santa Cruz
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed here for years, both during summer and winter, and have always had a great time. The rooms are clean, functional and serviceable. The staff has always been really helpful with my questions about local attractions and directions. If you are looking for a decent price and a clean, comfortable bed, this is your place. It is not a fancy hotel, but it has all the things that I need for a visit with my family in Fort Bragg: nice shower, towels, soaps/shampoos, coffee, Continental breakfast, parking, TV, fridge... works for me!

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs! Nice view of the cliffs and a bit of ocean too.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lily O
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our Super 8 here in Fort Bragg, CA. I am so glad that you enjoy your stay with us and that we are able to continue to welcome you back for many years to come.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Bragg
Ocean View Lodge
#5 of 23 in Fort Bragg
The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites

Been to Super 8 Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!