“super8”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, California
“super8”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

wanted a 1st floor room, was told none available. the 2nd floor room smelled like cigarette smoke, but when I complained, I was assured that this is a non-smoking facility-really? How about the maids, etc? The guy at the front desk seemed to blow off my criticism. The complimentary "breakfast" was full of sugary products, rolls, sugared cereal, etc so I didn't eat there. Coffee was ok in the lobby- the coffee maker in the room didn't work so they brought another one the 2nd day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank Beverly J
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for the review and comments about your stay. I of course want all of our guests to fully enjoy their stay with us but it seems like this did not happen in your case. First of all I want to apologize for how you feel you were treated by the front desk staff member. Usually we receive wonderful comments about our staff members so it is even more upsetting to me when someone has a bad experience with a staff member. I can assure you that I will be sharing your review with all front desk staff and discussing this matter with them. I can also assure you that all of our rooms are non-smoking and that our housekeepers definitely do not smoke in the rooms either. In fact, guests who do break this policy receive an extra charge of $250.00 because we have to shampoo carpets and clean walls and curtains, etc. before we can rent the room again. While it is rare that this occurs, our housekeepers are good at noticing if someone has smoked in a room and reporting it. That is why I was surprised to hear that you felt the room had been smoked in. While I am not sure what room you stayed in, I have had housekeepers to be on extra alert for this room. I have also not had any other complaints about a room that smells like cigarettes. Again, I appreciate your feedback and want you to know that I take your concerns very seriously and will act. I hope you are willing to give us a try again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attractive motel with bay windows, barn red doors and new furniture in large rooms. Comfortable beds with extra pillows. Friendly proprietors. Refrigerators and microwave. Location is convenient and easy to find.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank lovetotravel136
Mendocino County, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had a positive experience at the Super 8 and would stay there again. Staff were friendly, room was very clean, bed was comfortable, and coffee was available in the lobby! We came for fireworks night and they had a deck available for watchers, with a good view!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 Thank Frances G
Terra W, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for the great review. I think this was by far the best year for fireworks from our location. Some of the trees were removed from across the street and our newly remodeled deck gave us the perfect view. I hope you can come back and visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Bragg
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg Travelodge
Fort Bragg Travelodge
#16 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Super 8 Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!