“Wonderful Get Away”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Sunnyvale, California
“Wonderful Get Away”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

What a little gem on the Coast. Booked over the phone so I could ask lots of questions. Such a lovely place, our room was upgraded from a Queen with a view to a King with a view, what a nice surprise. Staff was great, had lots of input on local food and sites. Room was great, but next time will opt for the upstairs rooms. The bed was very comfortable, slept great. We did have a view of the ocean so that was good. Had some fog roll in Monday night, wanted to see the sunset, but will have to save that for our next trip. We are walkers and there was plenty options available. Breakfast was a challenge for me as a diabetic. No sugar free items available, fruit, and I found one package of regular oatmeal. We did eat breakfast out our first morning. Lots of places for breakfast and lunch in Fort Bragg. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Korean first
Colden, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I love The Beachcomber Motel and always stay here during my trips to The Mendocino Coast. The staff is always accommodating and friendly - no matter what my needs or questions. My rooms are clean and spacious, and my favorite are the decks that overlook the ocean. I particularly enjoy the soothing walks on the beach which is right outside my door beyond the grassy bluff, as well as long walks on the California Coastal Trail which runs right past the hotel. Sometimes I walk into town over the Pudding Creek Trestle and listen to music at the coffee shops. On my last visit I used their ground-floor picnic deck and had a BBQ for some of my local friends. The Beachcomber is just like home -- and in some ways even better! Thank you for making me feel like part of the family!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Everything was so pleasant. The location, the view, the immaculately clean rooms, and the helpful staff. Somewhere I could stay time and time again. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jason S
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room is perfectly adequate, large and clean. The real selling point of this place is the location. We were in room 206 and the view of the ocean was fabulous. I wouldn't recommend the downstairs rooms because they seem to be a little below ground level and your view would be obstructed both by the people walking along the wonderful 10-mile pedestrian path and the stone wall in front of the patio. The upstairs rooms have a small deck. There's a microwave and fridge in the room and a large sunny communal deck if you are visiting with friends. True, the breakfast is nothing special, but for a quick bite before heading out, it's sufficient.

Don't miss a trip to the Botanical Gardens, just 5 minutes away.

We'll definitely return..

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the best. Get 206 if you can.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DNDee
Barriere, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

On a road trip from British Columbia to San Francisco at the end of March, my friend and I were camping most of the time, but on one rainy night after a long day of driving, we decided we would treat ourselves to a motel. I was expecting a basic room for $80, but was pleasantly surprised that we got a kitchenette, a granite-lookalike bathroom countertop, flatscreen TV, and super-comfy beds and bedding! I was so cozy, I didn't want to leave in the morning, but reluctantly crawled out of bed to get some free breakfast, which had a good variety. I didn't speak with any of the staff, but I overheard them chatting with other guests, and they seemed very friendly. If it hadn't been raining, we would have checked out the beach before leaving -- how often can you get beachfront accommodation for $80?! Maybe that was the late arrivals / poor backpackers price, but either way, we really appreciated this gem! Considering some camp sites charge $35 a night in Cali, this place is the way to go. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarahu
Warren, NJ
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We are not going here for gourmet food, but I think something beyond a few Danish rolls would have been nice. Still, the room was great and the walkout to the beach was perfect. No noise from the highway and overall a nice experience. Very clean and up to date- Hair dryer hanging on a hook. It's done very well.

Room Tip: You can haggle a little methinks.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Beachcomber was a nice option for a traveling family of 3. Quiet comfortable rooms with great views. Easy access to Pudding Beach. Breakfast is typical danish and toast with beverages.

• Stayed April 2012