“Close to the beach, cozy rooms”

The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The hotel is right next to the beach. It over looks the ocean, and comes with a patio to sit and watch the sunset over the cliffs, or has easy access down to the water. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are cozy. Staff was kind, and even though some were in training, they were quick. If you're looking for lots of space and a big breakfast, this is not the place to go. If you are looking for a comfortable room right on the ocean that is fairly cheap, this is the place to go!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have stayed at The Beachcomber Motel many times in many different rooms and yes there are 12 different types; which makes it quite nice for everyone!
I have to say that any motel has it's moments but I go to Mendocino/Ft Bragg
for the most awesome views in the world!
The majestic redwoods and the spectacular crashing waves down below the bluffs are just two reasons. And if I can get a good night sleep in a comfy bed for an affordable price - well I am happy! I don't even own a pet and I have stayed in the pet friendly rooms and never had a problem; thanks to Jennifer and staff (room cleaner extraordinaire)
And yes maybe the continental breakfast isn't what you may expect, but after a brisk walk on the coastal trail I want to head into town and get a real breakfast at one of the cafe's!
Hope this helps anyone going to Ft Bragg and staying at The Beachcomber - It's worth it.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I want to start off by saying that I've visited The Beachcomber many times over the years. I keep coming back for the fabulous location, ocean breeze, pet-friendly rooms, and gracious staff. When a good friend wanted to get married in Fort Bragg/Mendecino area, I immediately thought of The Beachcomber and I suggested that the out-of-town guests stay there. She & her fiance went to the Beachcomber a few months before the wedding to check out the motel and talk to the owner, Pam about guest accommodations for the weekend of the wedding. When she came back, she thanked me profusely and told me that Pam upgraded their room while they stayed and worked out a great deal for affordable accommodations while guests were in town.

I went back for the wedding and stayed (again) at the Beachcomber. While I was there, the staff was friendly and kind. Pam the owner came down one morning while we were having the continental breakfast and asked how we were liking our stay.
This place has excellent views of the ocean and very affordable rooms.

I look forward to going back in the future (again) and visiting my favorite vacation spot!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The room was very spacious and the view tremendous; however there is very limited space in reception to eat breakfast. The poor girl on reception was run of her feet as she appeared to be on her own dealing with breakfast and reception. This resulted in some breakfast items not getting replaced as soon as they ran out, causing an increase in the number of people milling round.
Unfortunately on one of the days we were there the weather was overcast & wet, so you were not able to eat breakfast outside, on a good warm day that would be possible. The Motel is located at the far end of Fort Bragg, but it is only a short walk (15 mins) into the town and it is located at the quieter end of the Town.
The views from the rooms on the 2nd floor are probably the best in Fort Bragg

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noworkski
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here for 3 days in September 2011. Always love coming to the beautiful north coast of California having lived in the SF Bay area for many years. This motel is all about the location. It is right on the ocean with a great view of the headlands. Pay extra for an upstairs room so that you can open your sliding door and enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean. The motel is older and the decor reflects its age. Our room was clean and housekeeping did a good job of restocking needed items. The room had a small microwave and refrigerator which came in handy for snack items. We went to Safeway and bought breakfast foods and paper goods since we were told that the breakfast was very limited. Not really a big deal for us. The front desk staff were pleasant but not what I would call professional. The young man who helped us at check in asked what brought us to the area and when we told him we were celebrating our anniversary, he gave us a bottle of sparkling cider and 2 glasses to take to our room. Nice gesture but the glasses were dirty... YUK. Not the first impression the owners of the property are going for I'm sure. There is no doubt the price is steep for the amenities of the property but again you are paying for the view. If a clean, comfortable room with an unbeatable location is your priority than Beachcomber is the place to stay in Fort Bragg.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cubfan44
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Breakfast is included and when I went over very hungry, there was a bowl with apples and some young girl working the front desk chatting away on a personal call. She FINALLY brought out some sliced toast. There was no cereal, fresh fruit, waffle maker, bagels, fresh donuts, or yogurt. They really need to improve in this area! The area was super tiny also. I don't consider an apple and a piece of toast breakfast. Nice location but the weather was terrible- mid 50s F and raining and it is almost July!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SkiSandLLL
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Nice location but the breakfast was a joke!, We would like you to know that continental breakfast at the Beachcomber consists of beautiful assorted breads, bagels with cream cheese English muffins, cinnamon swirl bread ,french pastry, bearclaws, oatmeal, fresh fruit consisting of apples, oranges, and bananas, juices, coffee, and teas. We talked with our staff regarding no personal phone calls and apologize for her not offering you more of a selection. Most of all we're sorry that you did not have a fabulous weather day on the coast!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I can say that our needs were met, although the staff could definitely use work on their customer service qualities (which I consider to be very important). But if you're just looking for a decent price for a nice motel with basic needs met, then this is a great motel. Also, the parking was a little hectic (we didn't have anywhere to park the second night) but it was Memorial day weekend. Overall it was a nice stay, and we will most likely return.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for a bigger room. The room with one Double bed was EXTREMELY small (compar...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leudy
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear I was "satisfied", We value and thank you for your comments and want you to know that we are working on having better customer service qualities. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again!