“The smallest $120.00 room I've ever stayed in!”

The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
“The smallest $120.00 room I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The location is great! But the regular rooms are so small it's hard to move around in.. I believe they have new owners, and since then the service has gone down hill. I won't be staying here again you don't get what you pay for

• Stayed September 2012
beachcombermotel, Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
We appreciate your feedback greatly! I am so sorry the property did not meet your standards on your visit. Please call me anytime at 707-964-2402 so we may discuss your visit further. We take your comments very seriously and strive to satisfy each and every guest, I look forward to your call.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I chose The Beachcomber from reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor & we were not disappointed. Perfect location on the beach & awesome views from the balcony. Great walking area! Room was clean & staff were helpful. We hated to leave & I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2nf floor gives you a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate the compliments and that you took the time to write about our property! I shared your wonderful comments with the staff and they are so happy to have made your stay pleasurable. We hope to be your go to destination when you come to Fort Bragg!
Ceres, California
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The room we stayed in was on the bottom floor with a great view. The only drawback is your patio is shared by anyone who walks by your room. Next trip we will stay on second floor for more privacy. Our room was very clean, and flat screen TV was a nice touch. The staff was very helpful. Continental brekfast was adequate and coffee was delicous.

Room Tip: For more privacy you should stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
beachcombermotel, Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
We appreciate your comments greatly! We completely understand about the patio, however anything else would partially obstruct the beautiful views of the Pacific ocean. We want our guests to have an amazing experience when they stay with us and take your comments to heart. We hope to be your go to vacation destination in Fort Bragg!
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We celebreated our anniversary here with a lovely view of the ocean and nice room. We had one of two rooms right over the lobby with a spa tub, fireplace and king bed. I recommend this room!
Staff was friendly and overall experience was great.

Room Tip: We had one of two rooms right over the lobby with a spa tub, fireplace and king bed. I recommend th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maryjean1214
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I was a walk in and they had a room for me with a kitchenette. The service staff was very helpful. The carpet in the room needed replacing and the room could use a few updates. The room was located right next to the ocean. There was a walkway right behind my room that was great for taking a walk to the bridge in the morning. There were several trails to the beach as well. I had a fantastic view of the sunset. For the price the room was average with a small bathroom (the door hit the curved shower rod).
It would've been great to be able to just exit out the back door and leave the room locked and go walking on the walkway. Instead I ended up walking around to the front lobby to where I could go in between the buildings to reach the walkway and still leave my room secure.
Overall I might consider staying here again if I was passing through.

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Nevada City
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have stayed overnight here before. This time I was here 6 days. The staff as usual were all very nice. The room standard but kept very clean. The bed very comfortable. I slept well. They had an extra sm. fridge put in my room. I enjoyed being next to the walk having my dog with me. We took lots of walks and met many nice people and dogs. I felt safe and enjoyed my stay very much. I will definatly be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This motel on the north edge of Fort Bragg has a spectacular setting: right on the water, with the coastal trail running alongside, north to MacKerricher State Park and south to the picturesque trestle bridge and cliffs; wind-sculpted cypress trees in front of the lobby windows and deer in the field across the road. Our room was on the ground floor back, with the only window facing the parking lot. It would have been worthwhile to upgrade to either a second-floor room or a room on the water side, where we could have kept our curtains open without every passerby being able to see in. Our room was small, the bathroom large, the tv a little bit tricky. The breakfast offerings were adequate, but the lobby, where breakfast is laid out, got crowded in the morning, and the few tables available are not nearly sufficient for this large-ish establishment. However, we enjoyed our coffee and tea and bagels and muffins outside on the steps looking out at the fog and cypress trees.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple