“BEST VIEW IN TOWN!”

The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stay at The Beachcomber twice a year. If they are booked, I just don't go. It is an excellent place to stay with clean accommodations and nice people. The view is amazing. It is quiet, doze and frankly, it is the most relaxing place I have ever stayed. The rooms are a nice comfortable size and I always have a balcony. There is a walking path right outside and I got my exercise twice a day while breathing cool, fresh, sea air.

Room Tip: Upstairs has the best view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SGX457
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you SGX457 for your glowing review! Our location is indeed one of our best assets, which I can see you appreciate. We are so happy to be your one and only hotel choice in Fort Bragg. We look forward the welcoming you to many more relaxing visits.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Drove down the coast after leaving a bad experience in Westport, rainy cold already dark...only to find a pleasent desk manager and nice clean roomy place to stay called Beachcomber. Turned on the fireplace, opened the glass sliding door facing the ocean. So nice that all the afternoons bad adventures melted away. Morning time..fresh coffee smell drifted into our room. Grabbed a cup (along with other munchies from a delicous continental breakfast), back to the room stepping out onto the balcony to the most amazing ocean view. Have a ton of pics from that view to prove it! Many thanks to the Beachcomber crew for saving a part of our romantic redwoods trip adventure.

Room Tip: The rooms above the front desk may be a bit noisier (balcony over busy morning front desk terrace ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Craig R
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Many thanks to you, Craig R, for sharing your good experience with us! It's very gratifying to hear that our hotel fit your needs so well and even saved the romantic weekend! We hope that this is the first of many visits to our lovely town that you will spend with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at the Beachcomber for 4 days in October-November 2013. The view from room 205 was exceptional! Bed was comfortable and the room was updated with newer decor. It was also one of the cleanest motel rooms I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to the Fort Bragg / Mendocino area.

If you are traveling to the area, I recommend Fort Bragg over Mendocino. Mendocino is a teeny tiny town with few amenities while Fort Bragg is much larger with many food choices and a great main street with lots of shops. Glass Beach is located in Fort Bragg. (There are three beaches.)

Room Tip: Room 205 is the most southern room available. It has an unobstructed view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank x916x
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

x916x, I'm so glad our enjoyed your stay so much! Thanks for the exceptional review! It's true that we have just recently updated our decor and mattresses so I'm glad you noticed liked it! It means a lot to us to get such great reviews so thank you again. We'll look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We try to come to Fort Bragg from the Sacramento area at least once a year. We found the Beachcomber about 10 years ago. We've stayed there since then. The rooms are well cleaned and average sized. It's all about location. We like that they offer the Breakfast too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank monicalimestone
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you monicalimestone for your great review and years of patronage! We are definitely pleased to be your annual/semi-annual coastal getaway from the capital. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back time and again for many more years to come.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Maybe I have been watching too much Hotel Impossible, but this place could be 5 star with some easy fixes. Let's start with the good: They let us check in an hour early. We had the Spectacular King room and we found it to be clean and comfortable. It looked like it had been recently updated and featured a granite vanity, microwave and mini refrigerator. The bed was more comfortable than some and the sheets were nice.The view was simply amazing! Now the areas of work....there were no toiletries when we checked in. Our patio furniture was old, mismatched and covered in bird feces. I felt like the Captain's Deck was a missed opportunity. With some newer furniture and some color, that could be really awesome. Some of the lampshades in our room were ripped and the coffee pot had not been cleaned. These are just some small areas of constructive criticism and please do not let it sway you! This place is great, especially at the price. You won't be sorry if you choose the Beachcomber!

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd floor. Much more private!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmb616
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thanks for the great review and recommendation, mm616! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and would suggest us to others. As for the improvements you suggested, we always love hearing guest feedback. I'm sorry about the toiletries and coffee pot; that must have been a one time oversight because our housekeeping is always attentive to details like that. Again, thank you so much for recommending us and taking the time to give us a positive review; we really appreciate it! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Fort Bragg trip!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We (my husband and I) stayed here for 3 nights and it was a perfect getaway spot. I would recommend staying on the second floor for the view of the ocean. It is a perfect location just about a mile away from Ft. Bragg. The path in front of the hotel takes you to glass beach in one direction and to a state park in the other direction. I walked to Glass Beach and we rode our bikes to the state park and had a picnic. We were very pleased with our room and also enjoy having a little breakfast right there. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We loved the upstairs room. The downstairs was nice but the view better on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice H
Reviewed 23 October 2013

As my fiancé an I continued our trip up the coast in we made reservations at the Beachcomber. Loving the location an all it had to offer. When we got there an got there check in was a breeze. The staff made it so easy an were very nice as well as knowledgable about where to eat an go. I love Pam the owner she is a breath of fresh air an gave us great tips. As we made our way to the room which let me say had the most beautiful view of the beach, which is right out your back door, we were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was great an had all we needed. Very clean an quaint. It's a very romantic an quiet hotel. Perfect for us. I only wish we had time for the spa which would have been nice. All in all it's the perfect location an the staff impeccable. A great hotel I would stay at again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple