The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$178
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$137
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$95
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$122
US$64
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
US$236
Hotels.com
Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$105
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$153
Hotels.com
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$143
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotels.com
All reviewsglass beachsecond floorwalking pathdog parkocean viewgas firecontinental breakfasteasy access to the beachsliding doorcrashing wavesupstairs roombagelssouth endpudding creeklove this placeenjoy the viewsliders
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was our 3rd spot on a trip from LA to Portland. I promised my family a room with in-room fireplace and hot tubs as was advertised on their website. What I found for $215 per night was a non air-conditioned room that had no fireplace or hot tub. When I called to say that I didn't think this was the room I paid for, I was told, "this is an old hotel, 40 years old and you have the last room available so we can't switch you." "leave the sliding glass door open for air and I promise you will be safe." Note to self...ask more questions before booking. I did leave the sliding glass door open to cool the 80 degree room and my son asked what the smell was coming in to the room. Upon looking outside, I saw a man walking his dog and smoking California's newest cash crop, now blowing into my room. The hotel did warn me that after 9pm is "quiet time" so I cursed in a whisper. To their credit, when I complained about the website advertisement and my room rate, they reduced it to $126 for the night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paulfla1
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you paulfla1 for taking the time to give us a review. I’m sorry that you felt the website was misleading - we do our best to outline all the amenities of each particular type of room, but with 15 different types of rooms, I know it can get confusing. It’s true that we do not have air-conditioners; normally the Pacific coastal breezes do the job for us, but I’m sorry your visit seemed to coincide with an unusual heat wave. The summer is a very popular time for vacationing in Fort Bragg and it is not unusual for us to sell out of rooms completely. This does make it difficult when, in cases such as yours, a guest requests to change rooms and we simply have no empty rooms to give them. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Fort Bragg again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed at the Beachcomber multiple times and have always enjoyed our stay, and especially the views. This time we booked for the weekend of the 4th of July and decided to splurge and get a king jacuzzi room. The room was very nice as was the view...but the location of it being right above the office/lobby stunk!!! People coming and going from morning til late at night in and out of the lobby right under our balcony. Teenagers hanging out til late at night under our balcony and then into the lobby. Maintenance guys and other employees taking breaks and hanging out right below to the side of our balcony and smoking. We like to sleep with the slider open and the screen shut and listen to the ocean. The screen didn't lock, which didn't bother me the first night as the lady in the room/balcony next to us the first night was very nice. The second night at around 11:30pm we heard lots of noise coming up the stairs to our room and in the small hallway and then it was like a heard of teenagers were in the next room. Screaming, yelling, slamming doors,running their jacuzzi at 1am...etc. We actually thought maybe it was the same teens who were hanging below our room earlier/ or maybe staff members. We paid over $600.00 for two nights stay....and ended up locking our balcony door and feeling very uneasy about the tenants in the next room. I'm sure we will come back one day....but not for a long long long long time!

• Stayed: July 2014
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much, BakerGirl1, for writing us a review. I’m very sorry to hear that your stay was so noisy. The Fourth of July weekend is a very popular time in Fort Bragg, when all the hotels fill up with people from near and far, and everyone is ready to celebrate. It makes this time of year very fun but not particularly peaceful. We do, however, endeavor to keep noise minimal after 10:00pm so we have front desk personnel ready 24 hours a day to intervene when noise becomes too much. Front desk staff are always happy to help you have a better stay by asking others to be more quiet or smoke further away or any similar consideration. We look forward to your next visit and we hope it won’t be too long before you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our favorite getaway near Mendocino with large rooms, ocean views and sounds all day and night long, great staff, great amenities, walkable to downtown Fort Bragg with good food!!
We will always return to stay here!
Bring your bikes or use their's, the path along the ocean is right outside your room!

Room Tip: Second story for best views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank labambita

Thank you so much labambita for your wonderful review! I'm so glad to hear that we are your favorite Mendocino getaway! We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Fort Bragg; we'll keep the bikes ready for you!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My adult daughter and I spent two nights at the Beachcomber. I was glad to get a downstairs room so we did not have to haul our luggage upstairs. However - be advised that there is NO privacy on the downstairs rooms patios. There is a very low wall dividing your patio from your neighbor's. Now I understand that some travelers enjoy interacting, but others of us prefer our privacy. On top of that, directly in front of the patios is a public walkway. So not only are other hotel guests privy to what is going on in your room and on your patio, but so is the public. Yes, you can close the drapes. But doesn't that defeat the purpose of a beachfront property? Also, there is no direct access to the beach from the rooms. There are beaten paths that will take you to the edge of the cliff, but no stairs down to the beach. Or if there are, no one at the front desk shared that information. The room itself was clean. At least for our first night. When we returned after 3 p.m. on our second day, our room had not been made up. And housekeeping never did show up, so we reused our towels and slept in unmade beds. Our two trash cans were full. Lastly, the smoke detector went off at 10:41 at night. Not a fun thing to be awakened by! The very best part of the motel is the lovely view, if you can put up with the lack of privacy. And the location was very handy to downtown Fort Bragg and the restaurants and activities available there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuffinmama

Thank you so much Stuffinmama for giving us a review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location although I'm sorry that you didn't feel that you had adequate privacy - when you are in a great location like the Beachcomber, with attractions like the beach and walking trail, everyone else wants to be there too!
At check-in, we try to provide all of our guests with as much information as possible about the hotel conveniences and local attractions but there is so much to mention and summer is so busy that we often don't have the time to volunteer all the information. However, all of our staff members are more than happy to answer guest questions and tell or show guests anything they would like to know. There are stairs down to the beach, located a few yards from the Captain's Deck on the south end of the building.
I am very saddened to hear that your room was not serviced on the second day and I will definitely look into that. If you ever encounter this problem again, you can always just call the front desk and they will be happy to send someone to do your room as quickly as possible.
We hope that you will visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We love the Beachcomber. It has great beach and ocean views from upstairs; immediate access to the walking trail; and close enough to walk to Glass Beach and town. We always stay here when we visit Ft. Bragg (a great North Coast town with lots to do).

Room Tip: Upstairs on the south end of the motel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don and Retta H
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you Don and Retta H for such a great review! It is wonderful to hear that we are your number one choice in Fort Bragg. It sounds like you take full advantage of our walking distance proximity to so many great local spots. Walking is such a great way to great around Fort Bragg because there is so much natural beauty to take in and it just goes by so fast when driving. We are definitely looking forward to your next Beachcomber visit!