“Perfect”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 15 August 2011

A friend referred me to this motel so we were not sure what to expect. We have stayed in several places in Fort Bragg over the years, but this was by far the best deal. The room we had was a kitchenette and we chose to "rent" the dishes for a whopping $5.00 (service for 2) for the entire stay. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. It's close to coastal access and resturants.
The only downside we could see was there is no coffee pot in the rooms, but unlimited coffee in the office. We are big people, so the shower was a little small. Everything else was perfect. Thank you for making our vacation a pleasurable experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rhonda r

Reviewed 4 August 2011

A visit to yesteryear with apartment like features including garage for your vehicle.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife booked the Colombi Motel for our family, as well as her brother's family, two of her sisters' families and her parents (5 units), for her parent's 50th anniversary get-together in Fort Bragg.
I got off work early, so we went a day early, and they were able to accommodate us with an extra night in the same room, which was appreciated.
Our room was basically a 1 bedroom apartment, with a sofa and 2 queen beds in the living room for the kids, a queen bed in the bedroom for my wife and I, a bathroom, and a small but full kitchen. While definitely not new, the unit was clean and well maintained. The beds were also more comfortable than I expected.
Although not the speed I have at home, the wifi internet always connected to both my phone and my netbook and worked fine. However, the TV in our unit was small, and there was only the one TV in the living room. Good thing we weren't there to watch TV.
We rented the dishes (a deal at $5 for the whole time we were there), and got our daily free bag of ice (an bought other items) at the Colombi Market across the street, and were always treated well by the friendly staff there.
My wife's sisters complained about all of the rules posted in the rooms, but we never had a problem with any of them. We weren't even hassled by the management when we inadvertently left our empty ice chest in the room over night.
Bottom line, it was nothing fancy, but more than sufficient for our needs.
If I end up going back to Fort Bragg for any reason I'll stay at the Colombi Motel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MDEnce
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My family and I recently stayed at Colombi Motel in Fort Bragg. We were very pleased with our room which was clean and comfortable and we were also very impressed with the friendly and thoughtful service we received.

Room Tip: Free parking and xtras, Unit 7 had a full kitchen
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Marissa1960, Manager at Colombi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment about Colombi Motel. I am usually so busy with the motel and the other businesses (Colombi Market and Colombi Laundromat) that I do not have time to respond to customers comments but I wanted to take the time out to respond to yours and thank everyone for their great support! We have had such a wonderful bunch of customers! Thank you all!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I went on a last-minute trip to fort bragg for the Memorial Day weekend. Luckily, booking a room over the phone was a breeze. It's our first time to stay in a motel, and we expected the worst. Surprisingly, the unit we were assigned to (unit 12) was immaculately clean...from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchenette. Unbelievable!!! They've raised the bar so high that I don't think any other motel will come close. This is indeed as good as it gets! Our unit did not have its own carport but parking was not a problem since there's a parking area a few steps away. We highly recommend this place. ps- if you are particular about noise, don't get unit 12 ; it's next to where housekeeping does the laundry so it can get pretty noisy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I stayed for one night in room IA, the tiny room tucked in between others. Only $60 and clean as a whistle. The family that runs this place is super friendly and helpful. While I was out for the evening, the whole town went down to a power failure. When I got back to the room, there was a nice hand written note explaining the situation on the door and a flashlight hanging on the door knob. The power went back sooner than anticipated, but it was so great to know that they were thinking of me! In the morning I asked for ice (there is no ice machine) and was told, well, you get a free bag of ice from our grocery every day you are here. The family runs the grocery, laundromat, and motel, that are all adjacent to one another. The motel office is in the grocery store, so don't get lost looking for it.

I will be back! Just the BEST!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Perhaps if you're gonna stay for a few days or a week this place would be a good choice. It's clean, decent, and doesn't smell much. That's all the good I can say. I ran out of hot water in the shower. The internet is ridiculously slow and inconsistent. The door doesn't deadbolt. Do yourself the favor we should have done. Spend the extra few dollars to stay at a chain.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family