Colombi Motel
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
US$236
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$132
Great 4.5/5
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$159
Great 4.5/5
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
Very Good 4/5
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$72
Great 4.5/5
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
US$181
US$165
Very Good 4/5
Ocean View Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$167
Great 4.5/5
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$112
Very Good 4/5
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo bedroom unitoutstanding place to stayyearly traditionmotor courtowners take pridelabor day weekendb bsstayed one nightlaundromatdelimotelrestraurantconveniencesofficemendocinocoastocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

For $66.60 out-the-door for a very clean room #1, we got a full kitchen (though no utensils), our own carport, and our own water heater. There was no tub and the internet didn't work. The store across the street from which we got our key closed at 9. This place, though, is unique and you'll be reminded of what family-owned motels used to be like. I found it charming and would recommend it.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErthCrclr
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We picked this motel for its location when travelling up Highway 1 towards Oregon. It turned out to be a good choice - a clean, individual, family run motel. Despite a scary list of "do s and don'ts (mostly dont's!) we found the owners friendly and helpful.
The advertised wifi wasn't available (we noticed that a reviewer commented on this back in the middle of August.)
Fort Bragg itself is very quiet in the evenings but we found an excellent Brewpub, The North Coast Brewing Company, a short walk away. This turned out to be good for both beer and food.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Youngmargaret
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This place is kinda funky. Very unusual car ports, you don't see that at motels very often. The inside was super clean, albeit kinda old, but still perfectly functional. There is also a car port on each side of your unit, so you get no noise from sharing a wall with a noisy neighbor! Kinda odd check in, as you have to walk down the street to their mini-grocery store to check-in (there is no formal office on site). Still, it was a great deal! Quiet, clean, functional.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BruceBe
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed here for one night of a 25 night US & Canada road trip spanning July & August. It's a small family-run place in a residential area and is a convenient location for exploring the coast, or stopping off while travelling Route 1. I had room 5, which was spotlessly clean and had a decent kitchen, which would really help cut down food costs if you were in the area for a few days and wanted to prepare your own meals rather than eating out all the time. The bed was comfy, the room was warm (it's pretty chilly on that part of the coast, even in summer) and having booked last autumn I'd received a really good rate.

Just a little "warning"... you check in at the family's supermarket across the road, which closes at 9.00pm. I didn't know this, and rolled into town at 9.05pm, having been stuck behind a couple of "Sunday drivers" (as we call them in the UK) an hour or so earlier** which seriously held me up. Luckily the owner was still in the supermarket, or I may have been sleeping on the beach that night! Check-in was fine and I was able to select some fresh yummies (chicken salad, fruit, big cake) as I was ravenous by this time. I also recommend the sandwiches, btw - I got one the next day for when I continued north and it was so packed full of filling (mainly chicken) it lasted until evening!

Yes, I would stay here again, but would land a little earlier next time! ;-))

** I'm not a maniac driver, but if people want to brake excessively around corners (e.g. 15mph instead of a perfectly safe and recommended 30mph, etc) and dither please pull over and let people who want to observe the speed limit where safe to do so get on with it!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2012

If you are looking for a luxury hotel with all the amenities, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean, safe, quiet place to spend the night that is reasonably priced, then consider this motel.

I stayed here one evening with my two kids. We rented one of their 2-bedroom units (no kitchen). The hotel is in a residential neighborhood about .5 mile from the beach. There is a laundromat next door and a mini-mart across the street. All three are owned and operated by the same family. You check in at the store, and they offer guests complimentary tea and coffee here as well.

My son was very excited to have his own room with TV. I appreciated the flexibility to get my younger child to sleep while letting the older child stay up later. Both rooms had independent access to the shared bathroom.

The rooms were clean, the neighborhood very quiet. The owner was very friendly, and offered tips for places the kids could play and she offered to share some running routes which, had I had time, I would have taken her up on the offer. It doesn't have a gym, but the outdoor table at one end of the motel -- on a patch of grass w/BBQ for anyone wanting to cook there -- could easily be used as a base for pushups, dips, etc.

The room came with a fridge too. No microwave since this was not a kitchen unit.

One way the rooms stay so quiet are the carports between each room.

If I am ever in Fort Bragg again, I would definitely consider staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family