“under new ownership - I recommend!”

Country Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California
“under new ownership - I recommend!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

In reading the reviews, you should only really take those into account that occurred after the change of ownership in late 2012.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Country Inn B&B last weekend and really enjoyed our time there. There was a convenient parking lot right behind the building. The place was very clean, and the inn keeper Christine was very nice and accommodating. The room came with a bottle of wine, but neither of us like wine, and Christine allowed us to make a substitute to something we both liked. There were delicious truffles waiting for us when we arrived, along with fresh flowers and mints by the bedside. And, the room also included tickets to the local botanical gardens, which was very cool to visit.

The room was very clean and well maintained. The sheets were incredibly soft, and the blankets plush and inviting. There is a also a great hot tub on site, that is very welcoming and relaxing after being on your feet and exploring all day.

The meals were A-MAZING! So delicious! Christine is an amazing cook, and you could tell that she went out of her way to make the breakfast a step above any that you would get at any other B&B. A gourmet treat!

1 Thank Alison T
Christine C, Owner at Country Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Alison,
I’m so glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us. We really try to cater to our guest’s special requests and/or needs. It was a pleasure to provide you with alternate options for the package you purchased. The Inn changed hands in late September 2012, and we have been (and continue) to work to update and improve things.
I hope you’ll be able to visit us again sometime.
-C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Fernley
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were met by Christine and Riley at the door and right away we felt very welcomed. First off, if you do not like dogs, do not come here. Riley is as fast as a rabbit which is probably what his ancestors chased in Wales. We had the Autumn Song room which had an actual fireplace. Christine provided a commercial log every evening for a wonderful ambiance. Just light the paper and it is off and burning. Our Living Social package included wine, candy and tickets to the Botanical Gardens. Christine was very gracious and bent over backwards for our needs. Probably the most important aspects of this stay were an incredibly comfortable bed and tasty breakfasts. Christine appears to be going organic and self sufficient as she has a very nice garden in the rear of the property. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Read comments above
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Owner at Country Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I'm so pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and noticed all the little touches we include to try to make our guests feel special and well cared for.

Riley is a Corgi, and they were originally bread to heard cattle, believe it or not. We try to be very sensitive to guests that are either fearful or allergic to dogs. When such guests are visiting we keep Riley in the innkeepers quarters. Though he does enjoy having visitors like yourself that can appreciate his energy and exuberance.

The garden is doing great and we do have plans to expand with a greenhouse. We are also adding a chicken coop and hope to be producing our own organic/fresh eggs by this time next year. All of our "girls" are still pretty little at this point though.

Everyone here at the Inn hopes you are able to join us again sometime. It was wonderful meeting you both.

-C
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a very comfortable stay. Christine, the innkeeper, was friendly and on top of things. Located in town on Highway 1 so easy to walk to shops, restaurants, North Coast Brewing and only a few blocks from Glass Beach. The inn is very clean and bed was one of the best we have slept in. The decor is pretty outdated but everything is in good shape. Only minor con was the room smelled a tad musty but was fine with the fireplace heater going. Hot tub was a nice touch on an enclosed, private deck and fun to have the wine and cheese on Saturday afternoon. Breakfasts were huge and tasty but not on the low cal side! We would come back again when we want to stay in Ft. Bragg.

Room Tip: Pomo room in the back was quiet and gets the early morning sun
1 Thank mobie0309
Christine C, Owner at Country Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

What some might call "outdated furniture" we call antiques, and we are quite happy with our hand picked collection of furniture which matches the date, period, feel of this 1890's residence.

Rooms can become a bit "musty" during wet/rainy weather, especially when the bathroom fan is not run during/after showers.

We look forward to your next stay.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Purchased their two night special, I contacted Christine at last minute, she was quite accommodating for MLK weekend. This was a family trip. Loved the morning breakfast, plus when I forgot to place my order one morning, Christine ensure she left a reminder under my door and provided room service... Exceptional!
Location, location walking distance to downtown, skunk train, shop, restaurants and the beautiful beach. My Living Social package included, one bottle of wine with chocolate and two tickets to the Botanical Garden. The botanical garden is ideal for whale watching some of the best coast line views!

My only issue with this place is the heating system, it gets so hot and it's quite difficult to taper it down to a lower temp, so as result I turn it off and woke up quite cold. No fun being cold in the middle of the night.

Overall, if I am ever in a Fort Bragg again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure all of our guests feel special and cared for.

I do wish you had mentioned your trouble with the heater while you were here so that we could have addressed it, or perhaps just given instructions on usage. We certainly want all of our guests to be comfortable while here.
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was my first stay at a b&b and it won't be my last. The inn is very homey and situated right across the street from the beach. The rooms were clean, large, beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the bed was. But the best part of the stay was the breakfast provided by the gracious and skilled innkeeper Christine. She served stuffed french toast with caramelized apples that was absolutely divine. I highly recommend the Country Inn Bed and Breakfast for your next stay in Fort Bragg. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and it has been excellent. The new owners that have been running it for the last year have made it even better. The bedding has been updated and the food is even better (though it was already excellent). They are friendly and helpful. It is by far the best value B&B in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BNK40
We are always so happy to welcome back repeat guests. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay and notice all of the new little touches we’ve implemented.

Looking forward to your next stay,
Christine and Riley (the corgi)
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I love this bed and breakfast. They've put in a bunch of nice touches (in the common area, they serve wine and cheese on Saturday afternoon, there is a stack of crocheted throws to use, if you're chilly). We only stayed one night. The feel of the place was gently used. I'm a bit of a klutz and worry about breaking nice things. I could relax here.

The location is central to "downtown" Fort Bragg, and we easily walked to dinner at Piaci Pub and Pizzaria, to Headlands Coffeehouse for live music and to North Coast Brewery for a final beer.

We slept in Grandma's attic. It was a warm room at the top of the stairs with slanted roof line that challenged my 6'2" boyfriend. Also the bathroom only has a claw foot tub, with a handheld shower attachment. It worked for me, but talk people will have to negotiate the slanted ceiling when getting out.

The niche where the bed is located did create an amplification chamber for the snorers, and I will sleep at the other end of the bed, when I go back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple