“Jewel of Fort Bragg”
Review of Ananse Village

Ananse Village
Ranked #16 of 39 things to do in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: The finest handselected, fairtrade produced arts and crafts from Africa are tastefully presented in our beautiful showroom. Drums, beads, masks, textiles, books, music and more create a total African shopping experience. "Bring the wonders of our village into your home..."
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We had passed this store many times and on the last day of our trip went in. I could live in this store, I loved everything in it. I wanted everything and it all comes from Africa. So cool!

2  Thank Shane C

Reviewed 21 February 2010

My husband and I stumbled upon this store while on our honeymoon. It was by far the best place we bought anything during the whole two weeks on the west coast. We're glad we decided to stop. We now have an amazing djembe drum and a beautiful altar cloth. The people who work there are exceptionally nice, helpful, and welcoming. If we lived closer, I imagine we'd be there quite a bit. At least stop in, if you're going to Fort Bragg. It is well worth it, even if you just want to look.

1  Thank felinakavi
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I have traveled to Africa several times and have not found a store here that carries quite the selection of African paraphernalia as this gem of a place. I was also impressed by the owner, who lives part-time in Africa and is using the proceeds from the store to help support projects there.

Reviewed 17 July 2007

We found this place after seeing a postcard in our hotel lobby and decided to seek it out. While the address is north highway one it is actually South of Fort Bragg.
Awesome stuff though! Crazy tribal masks and drums and tons of beads. The gentleman who helped us is from Africa and was a delight to listen to as his accent is fairly strong. Picked up a few great cd's to listen to on the way home and some beautiful fabric for a quilter friend. This place is a bit out of the way ( but right on the highway) but has lots of parking and fantastic shopping.
Three thumbs up!

3  Thank mgardener
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 2 September 2003

My family and I came upon this incredible collection of African crafts and instruments when we were visting Mendocino. Wow. a museum worthy collection of things in a warehouse setting. The owners (husband and wife,from Africa and the US) were kind and knowlegeble and our kids loved every minute of it. We definately recommend searching out this hidden treasure. The book selection alone could take a day to explore, not to mention the music.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member