“Great Place...”

Ranked #12 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
williams
“Great Place...”
Reviewed 26 April 2007

I absolutely enjoyed my stay here.... The main reason for my trip was to find a quick getaway.. to get away from work and just breathe. I looked online found pine beach inn, and decided to call in and make a reservation. When i booked they described the ocean-view rooms as if they were perfect to what i was looking for. I got there and OHhhhh My God i absolutely loved it, the bedding felt so at home, and the jacuzzi tub was just so comforting it was facing my balcony looking toward the view. I albsolutely loved it and im actually thinking of going back in two months.

• Liked — The view and the Jacuzzi tub in the room !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank carol12Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bay Area, California
Reviewed 19 March 2007

We were a little hesitant after reading several negative (older) reviews. But we are always looking for a bargain...and decided to take a chance, as we loved the idea of beach access. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is NOT fancy, however we found it very adequate. The new owner (4 months) was very friendly and is working hard to make the place a little more upbeat. Rooms were spacious and clean. Had all the amenities that we needed...coffee pot, TV, hair dryer, small refrig and microwave. Beds had brand new, comfortable mattresses and updated bedding. Our room had a nice view of the beach/ocean. The beach was beautiful...a great place for families with children. Later in our visit, we checked out other places in Ft. Bragg, and we were so glad that we had chosen Pine Beach Inn.

• Liked — clean spacious rooms, great mattresses and private beach access
  • Disliked — needs more attention to landscaping and perhaps a new paint job
  • Stayed March 2007
3 Thank CalifornianGaPeach
Rocklin, CA
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We weren't expecting much based on the reviews I read, but gave it a shot anyway, being that most other hotels were booked. Room was very large and had an AMAZING ocean view (Room #59) with a private balcony. The private beach was also amazing. We had several afternoon/evening picnics and never ran in to anyone else! Close to both mendocino and fort bragg, making it a perfect spot! Yes, the hotel is a bit old, and the grounds aren't so beautiful, but it didn't need it! It is one of the few hotels on the ocean side of hwy 1 with the private beach! Room was clean and housekeeping was great!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not so attractive grounds and rooms
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kellydale
Napa, ca
Reviewed 20 August 2006

This is an older establishment which is in bad need of renovation and is not well maintained. There is one guy who does everything - check-in, grounds keeping, housekeeping, "breakfast". I think he is the owner and is trying to run the place on the cheap. I suggest you stay at one of the flagged motels in town.

• Liked — Space
  • Disliked — Very run down, badly managed
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank napahannah

Travellers are raving about these Fort Bragg hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2006

We stayed at the Pine Beach Inn in Fort Bragg Ca over 4th of July week....( our stay was basically 4 days, 3 nights.) We had stayed there in the past, but it has been quite awhile. Our room was clean & the staff was nice. We had a room with an ocean view and everything was good except for the housekeeping. During our 3 night stay, our bed was not changed nor our room cleaned except for clean towels and the housekeeper did wipe out the toilet bowl. We were abit surprised since we paid over $500 for our stay and had hoped for better housekeeping. Unfortunately the housekeeping staff spoke little or no english. For the 1st time in a long time, we did not leave a tip when we left.
We will be going back in September for a visit, but have already made reservations at a different hotel.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2006

With few choices in the area I went with a review on Expedia and decided to give this motel a try. I knew we were in trouble when I drove on to the property and saw the horribly rundown state of the grounds. Hoping that the room, which I was told had an ocean view, would be better than the surroundings, I was beyond disappointed by a dark and dank room with peeling paint a broken floorboard heater, an old broken dresser and an unbearable smell. The "ocean view" was a side through the trees narrow view from a creeky balcony. My wife and I quickly left and drove down the road into town and found more acceptable accomodations in Fort Bragg. Save your time and money and avoid this pit. I wish I had.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
laguna beach, ca
Reviewed 17 October 2005

Have been staying at the Pine Beach Inn for a number of years now, and though it may not be the Ritz or the Fairmont, it suits my taste and wallet to a "T." It becomes my "home" when in Mendocino. The owners are friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious, the grounds are beautiful, and the quiet. . . ah yes, the quiet, that's the main reason, along with all of the above. I'm sorry others may have had a negative experience, but I have not. . . in fact, I'm heading up next month. . . .

• Stayed November 2004
The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
North Cliff Hotel
North Cliff Hotel
#5 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Pine Beach Inn? Share your experiences!