“Lost Coast Shuttle - Best Option After a Long Trek!”

Mendo Insider Tours
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: Local guided tours, specializing in unique intimate small group excursions to Mendocino County’s most unique and exclusive cultural and natural destinations. Eco, Historic, Cultural and more. Private custom tours, backpackers shuttle service available. Comfortable large window vans and friendly knowledgeable guides.
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was a really convenient shuttle that three of us used after doing the southern portion of the Lost Coast Trail. David made it really convenient by showing up on time (even though we were late because we misjudged a section of the hike) and he waited until we showed up (which is always a little concerning when you don't know the person). He got us all on board his comfortable Sprinter van and provided cold drinks for our arrival. He whisked us back to the trail head at Usal Beach.

Definitely recommend hitting him up as he is very familiar with the region though, even if you are trying to get ideas on what you should do.

Thanks again David for making things easy and affordable!

Cheers!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

My husband & I were able to take the Lost Coast tour this fall. We met Dave, our driver, and Evan, our hiking guide in Mendicino along with some other hikers. The drive to the Lost Coast was very curvy with many ups and downs. The views & history of the area that Dave & Evan could pass along were great. We were prepared by the description of the tour and had taken our Dramine before we started. (highly recomend) Dave was a great driver on those roads. It definately showed that he was from this area and very comfortable in the offroad environment.

Evan led us on our hike up the hills and then along the high coastline. He was very knowledgable in the local flora. We had many different levels of hikers in our group and Dave & Evan were able to accomodate us all. Evan could go faster & take the more challenging paths with the "determined" hikers while Dave was able to bring up the tailend of our group of six at a slower speed so that no one was left behind.

There were two great things that happened on our trip. We were able to watch the fog coming into the valley's from the ocean. It was very peaceful And Evan was able to take us to an area were we could view an Osprey's nest.

I would definately go on this trip again.
And the box lunches that the tour provided were great. Sitting on the beach and enjoying our picnic lunch after the hike was perfect. Then we hopped back in the van and had another curvey drive back to Mendicino.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I had such a fun experience. Got to spend the afternoon traveling around a few remote and unique backwoods residences and met the artists themselves and learned more about their crafts. Really got a feel for their work and enjoyed some wine at the same time. I might even say it was inspirational. I liked the intimate group setting; not crowded, yet still enjoyed meeting some other couples and spending time with my sweetie. Very relaxed trip, great tour guides, well planned. Only thing I would have changed would be to have a few snacks provided instead/in addition to chocolate.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Went with a group of friend that included 2 young kids. This hike is not really strenuous but the views and the enthusiasm of the tour guide Evan made this a spectacular hike.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I wanted to see the Northern California Coast and this seemed like a the likely venue to get out of the towns and so forth. What a wonderful surprise! The springtime cannot be any more spectacular anywhere! The native flora was in bloom and the native irises and rhododendrons put on quite a show! Foxglove and Chinese forget-me-nots, well the list just goes on and on. I was happily surprised to find the Roosevelt Elks observing us as well! Beautiful countryside!!

2  Thank Lise H