“Great Place to stay in a great little town.”
Review of Harbor Lite Lodge

Harbor Lite Lodge
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were in town and had booked a hotel further away then we had thought. So we did a quick search for a hotel and this one came up on Tripadvisor. We called they quickly informed us that they had a room. We checked in and that time they were ready to put us in a room when the maintenance man asked the clerk to put us in a different room which was closer to the wireless router so they did. The room was so clean and the linens were fresh. Loved it. A must place to stay in Ft. Bragg

There are newer reviews for Harbor Lite Lodge

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed there for one night. We were two couples, so they gave us two connecting rooms which was great. Our rooms were not "view" rooms, but we walked to the harbor in the morning and enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and quiet.
The breakfast was standard American hotel breakfast: rock-hard boiled eggs, sugary cereals and pastries, glue-like oatmeal, etc. The choice was limited, and they only had 2%milk, but the coffee was good.
The staff was courteous and helpful except for one guy at the front desk. He became all aggressive and defensive when I asked about the amount charged as we checked out. I wasn't challenging the fee, was polite and just asking a question. I needed a simple explanation, not the scolding he gave me. I guess being in the "hospitality" business hardens some people.
The three-circle rating is because of the negative experience at check-out. We thought the location/condition of the property were very good.

2  Thank Isolde5
JSH120, Owner at Harbor Lite Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I accept full responsiblity for this guests treatment at checkout. If they would like to contact me I will adjust their rate.

The problem originates from our Booking.com/Priceline rates which are actually higher than our RACK rates, but as of Setpember 1 2014, that problem will no longer exist.

After September 1, Booking.com/Priceline will not get you the best rate, but it will get you a discounted rate. Best rates are when you book directly with us more than a week in advance.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My 9-year-old daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend as our base for exploring Fort Bragg and Mendocino. We booked a "center view" room and had a nice view of the harbor. We enjoyed walking down to the beach on the first night. Our room was very comfortable -- big beds, heater worked well, bathroom was adequate, appreciated the WiFi, fridge, and microwave. The towels were nice and fluffy, and housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room each day. My only complaint was that the first floor was quite noisy -- we could hear our upstairs neighbors walking around quite loudly early in the morning and pretty late at night. I would recommned a 2nd floor room due to this issue, but unfortunately you can't stay on the 2nd floor if you have kids under 12. You can also hear the fog horn in the harbor all night, which may be an issue if you are sensitive to noise (I thought it was sort of soothing but my daughter didn't like it). Otherwise, we very much enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are quieter.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The lodge is perched on a bluff overlooking a working harbor, with boats coming and going and not noisy for our stay (Not all rooms have a view, so inquire). Our reception was attentive, the rooms clean and well kept (not older or rundown), and the beds were also very comfortable. The the location very convenient for exploring up and down the coast. The breakfast was "standard", which means plenty of the usual options, and nicely with indoor and outdoor seating possibilities. Definitely less expensive the Mendocino; we'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We decided last moment to spend my wife's birthday at Mendocino and ended up calling and booking it at ~8:30pm Friday night for a 1-night stay on Sat. Unfortunately, I woke up with extreme upper back pain next day morning, rushed to the chiropractor, and was strictly advised against a ~4hr drive. I called up instantly and canceled the booking at ~8am Sat apart from sending the medical docs. I was still charged the cancellation fee (given a future credit instead). I understand policies, etc. but I assumed that this personally owned business would be reasonable and humanitarian. It was less than 12 hr turn around time including overnight. So while I will definitely visit Mendocino sometime soon, I am never going to book at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tito D
JSH120, Owner at Harbor Lite Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

What this reviewer failed to mention was that the cancellation fee is $25/night and we offered them a $25 credit toward a future stay within one year's time.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was a greatplace to stay after my sons football game. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. The view of the harbor was nice. Room was spacious enough for family of 4. Will book this place again if we head back to the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mckin4
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Weary from driving, my husband took the first turn after the bridge into Ft. Bragg. From what we found, we were very glad we did. Even though we didn't have a reservation, the staff at the front desk was friendly, pleasant, prompt, and helpful. Grounds and the room were immaculate. We enjoyed the gas fireplace in our room and especially the balcony overlooking the harbor. For dinner at one of the many restaurants on the wharf below the lodge, the short drive was quick and convenient. The complimentary continental breakfast was as good as and better than most. And I was pleased to find a computer available for guest use (at no charge). All in all, a great value, especially with AAA discount.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple