“This place is aptly named...”
Review of Off the Hook Sushi

Off the Hook Sushi
Ranked #56 of 86 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 2 November 2013

After having a boyfriend who worked at their competitors around the corner, I can tell you this is the ONLY sushi place in the area that I would trust. Lovely service, great selection, and reasonable prices. The miso is 1.50 and you can walk out of there with dinner for two ranging about $30 (considering three, or four rolls and miso).

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wow! The reggae roll was excellent. The service was great. However I ordered a maguro nigiri and when my son pulled off the fish the rice was dicolored, old and had a wasabi on it. The more I think about it the rice was obviously reused. They comped the item however I was very disappointed especially when they were feeding it to my four year old child who could have gotten sick.

1  Thank wailacki
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've been coming here for several years but hadn't in some time. About two months ago I returned and have been really impressed with how it has improved. It's always been the better of the two local Japanese restaurants in town, but now it's as good as many restaurants I've been to in the Bay Area. I'm guessing the ownership or cook has changed because the quality of the food including presentation has really taken a step up. Good service and fair prices also.

1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The sushi was great! California Roll was huge, double the crab compared to most places. Chicken plate with vegetables was good but 3 or 4 pieces of chicken were gristle and not edible. The low prices made up for the few pieces of chicken I threw out but if that type of thing grosses you out stick to the sushi it's great!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

First time in fort Bragg and I was curious about the name of the restaurant.first timehere service was great and food was excellent. I never ever had hand rolls before and I ate them here and it was good. The spicy sashimi was too die for..