“Great Dinner . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mendo Bistro - CLOSED

Mendo Bistro
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Great Dinner . . .”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Everything we ordered here was wonderful. Great wines. Fantastic Caesar salad, Great veggies!!! We enjoyed the "choice" menu batter fried tofu, and batter fried portobello.

Save room for mint-basil sorbet!

• Visited May 2014

Castro Valley, California
“Bad fish worst meal ever”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I ate at Mendo Bistro last night. A few observations. The chef was probably not in the kitchen last night.

1) steaks were good, but that's the easy part.

2) local ling cod frozen, bland sauce and definitely over its expiration date. The fish tasted of ammonia definitely bad. So please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDR FISH. Someone could get seriously ill on what I tasted.

3) head on shrimp, rice below it mushy no taste and definitely microwaved.

I have been coming to Mendocino for 35 years and that's definitely the worst meal I have eaten in this town.

the sous chefs need something they can handle and its not fish. I am not a chef but hands down could create something better in half the time.

Parsnips, a little creativity and seasoning could have gone a long way. Save yourself the hassle and eat elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Bbq123rob
Camarillo, CA
“Great service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The service was terrific. Ordered the Caesar salad and special salad of the day. Both were tasty. The cod was a bit cold but edible. The caramel gelato was also good. The restaurant is on the second floor with a view of town.

Visited December 2013
Chico, California
“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hands down best meal of our trip. Food was fantastic , service the best!!!!!!!!!
Had the scallops for our appetizer amazing. Gf had the grilled pork chop while I had the fresh fish both fantastic and the attention to detail outstanding. For desert had the fried banana split...omg!
I wish I remembered there names but both our server and her newly hired shadow for the night
attended to our every need. And I must add that even with drinks, appetizer, entrees ,desert and tip our tab was just alittle under $120. With the service and the quality of the food that was a steal by anybody's view.

• Visited April 2014
Windsor, Colorado
“Food was amazing!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great food, some of the best we had on vacation. Staff was very responsive, and so nice! They have paper over all the tables & we all were doodling before the night was over. It was a bit pricey, so be prepared...a glass of juice for my daughter cost the same as my cocktail.

Visited April 2014