“Father's Day surprise”
Review of Mendo Bistro - CLOSED

Mendo Bistro
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had dinner on Father's Day, and we had no idea they were having a special offer for fathers. My husband's entree and appetizer we on the house. How cool is that?!

There are newer reviews for Mendo Bistro

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The restaurant has some pretensions of grandeur, but the food isn't quite up to it. Actually, our soup/sides/vegies were quite good, but the main course wasn't - poorly prepared sauces for meats. Also the serving sizes were small, lowering overall value.

4  Thank chazzq
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Mendo Bistro has a great atmosphere and always has fabulous food. You can not go wrong here and in their Barbelow.

1  Thank LNauburn
Reviewed 8 June 2014

business trip- 2 colleagues had meals that they thought were good.

mine:
swordfish special.
meal was cold... it was like it was grilled much earlier in the day, set in the fridge and pulled out and nuked quickly, but not thoroughly.
I mean cold- outer crust of fish was tepid, inside was icy- no joke.
sent it back and would have been very happy with heated...
brought back.... cold.

ate it anyway- hungry and, honestly, the entree was/could have been tasty.

a pricey entree.

maybe a bad night? it was a Monday eve, not early, sparse crowd.

not worth the $$$$ for what I was hoping to enjoy.

5  Thank tvdirector
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My son ordered chicken with cream tarragon sauce and it was delicious. I ordered some kind of prawn special, with black rice. Something was wrong with the prawns as they had a strong odor, like ammonia, so I had to get something else, like my son's chicken. So the chicken was excellent and so was the view of the town from the second story window. The waitress was excellent in handling the prawns, so I would give them a 4 and a half out of 5.

2  Thank travelgurusandiego