“Excellent Stop on California Hwy 1”
Review of North Cliff Hotel

North Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is an excellent place to stay while traveling California Hwy 1!

The staff is very friendly and welcoming. The room layout was spacious; more than enough room for two couples to stay comfortably. There was a tray of pastries and fruit waiting for us in our room. Beautiful view of the bay.

Try to arrive in Fort Bragg, CA before 9:00 pm to have a selection of open restaurants in the town.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a bay view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Danny L
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for your nice comments! I really appreciate it. We love that our rooms are so large and spacious. Good advice about arriving before 9pm if you're looking for dinner.

Thank you for staying at the North Cliff! I hope we'll see you again next time you visit Fort Bragg.

There are newer reviews for North Cliff Hotel

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This hotel has photos on their website and usually I am wary of photos that look so good. In this case the photos were dead on. Each room overlooks the ocean and are warm and inviting. My wife an I had a wonderful stay.

4  Thank Mark D

I'm so glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay! I hope to see you again next time you visit the coast.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I admit to having second thoughts about staying here when I saw the dirty carpet in the office, but we were shown the new samples of flooring that they were putting in and told they have new owners and making lots of good changes. The chairs and couch in the room definitely have seen better days, but that will be replaced also. That being said we were pleased with our room, really large space, very clean and had a great view of the ocean. We booked a room on the 3rd floor and did not hear noise from our neighbors.
Marina and Sharon were very helpful and answered all of our questions regarding shopping and places to eat at. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank nationalparksgal

Thank you so much for taking the time to send your comments. We strive to provide excellent customer service and I'm so pleased that you found our staff to be helpful.

We are so excited about the upcoming remodel and look forward to welcoming you to one of our new rooms next time you visit!

Thank you for staying at the North Cliff!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I did have mixed feelings about booking this hotel due to the hit and miss comments on trip advisor. I am pleased to say we were quite happy with the hotel. The hotel is under new management and a program of refurbishment has commenced. Our room was huge and very clean, yes the sofa was a big saggy and does need replacing. The balcony overlooking the Noyo harbor entrance was nice, just a shame about the rather ugly sand dredging bank right in front. We enjoyed a couple of pleasant days here. The breakfast platter in the fridge was a nice touch. Unfortunately, Fort Bragg itself is a town in decline, we struggled to find a decent mid-range restaurant, it was either the Cliff Restaurant across the bridge which was very expensive or the Dennys in town. The Skunk Train was brilliant and also the surrounding scenery and also the State Park out of town.

Room Tip: If you have heavy cases try and book a ground floor room as you will only have to negotiate one smal...
2  Thank vssh2
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I appreciate the time you took to write your review and I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Fortunately, the harbor dredging that was being done only occurs every few years. I hope we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The room and service was nice, clean, etc. but for the price i believe I could have stayed someplace else and get full breakfast served and not me have to deal with a broken coffee pot When I informed the front desk all she said was "that's why there is a tray on the bottom". I did not expect to have to drink my coffee out of the tray! Don't recommend it coffee/breakfast is a must for you.

1  Thank 2013MBT

I'm sorry to hear that your experience didn't meet your expectations. I've addressed this with the front desk staff and apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you'll stay with us again and give us the opportunity to provide excellent service.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The room was comfortable, clean, relaxing and the jacuzzi tub and fireplace made it all that more wonderful. We enjoyed our visit and will definitely make the North Cliff Hotel our special place to return to. We already have plans for our return visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We're honored to be your Special Place to return to! Thank you so much for taking the time to send your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have nothing bad to say about my stay here. My room was very beautiful with a jacuzzi tub and a fire place. Our room was very clean, even a shower I felt comfortable showering in. Probably nicer than my own at home.

Also had a wrap around portch with great views of the ocean and sounds of the fog horn which was a huge plus.

The location of this hotel couldn't be more perfect. It's right off of main st and in the middle of everything, we hardly drove anywhere with everything so close.

Overall my experience was amazing, I will defiantly be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank jainaking
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to hear that you had an amazing experience, and we really appreciate your taking the time to send your feedback.

We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!