“Weekend getaway”
Review of North Cliff Hotel

North Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with girlfriend. We had the top suite over looking ocean with gas fireplace and hot tub. Nice balcony. Breakfest was good..but @1030 they cut off the power ending the breskfest time. Kinda tacky. Overall a romantic room we would stay here again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send your valuable feedback. I apologize for the power outage in our breakfast room. The circuit tripped and cut the power momentarily. I hope you will visit us again. We are also remodeling so the next time you stay with us we will have all new carpet and furniture. Thank you for staying at the North Cliff!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a getaway weekend. Room had a great view of the ocean and was quiet. Breakfast was nice. Coffee was good. Overall we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness & location of the hotel. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are in the middle of a complete remodel so the next time you stay with us we will have all new carpet, paint and furnishings. We are very excited. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This place had a couple of reviews that scared me. So glad I didn't let it stop us. Breakfast was fannnnnntastic!!! We had a great time, great service, biiiiiiig rooms, best of all and mosssssst importantly CLEAN. Yeah so what, the rooms are little outdated. Jacuzzi tub and the view makes up for alllllll that! Ohhhh and the fog horn?? Barely can hear it!! Ok... If it still bothers you, go to Safeway down the street and buy some earplugs. Problem solved. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the housekeeping staff. They work very hard! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The experience was great, there was no mold anywhere, very clean, spacious rooms, friendly staff, view was exceptional from our room, variety breakfast menu, we stayed in Nov. over Thanksgiving, very quiet, the price was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Fort Bragg.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We recently stayed at the North Cliff Hotel and I would not recommend this to anyone. The rooms are in major need of repair and refurbishing. The only thing great about it was the view. Out of all the places that we have stayed in Fort Bragg I would fully recommend the Beachcomber. The staff there is so much nicer than at the North Cliff. We had an issue with our room and the manager didn't seem like she really wanted to help us. The girl at the front desk's boyfriend was hanging out in the lobby that looked really unattractive. The breakfast that they offer upstairs isn't all that great either. I will not ever come back to the North Cliff. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views with fireplaces. That's all. Not worth the money
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Misty J

I am so sorry that you were not happy with your recent visit. We are in the middle of a complete remodel and will have all new carpet and furniture in every room. I encourage you to call me directly at 1-888-962-2550 to discuss your experience here.
Sharon Davis

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were here in September for a quick get-away. This is our 2nd time to stay here and we love it. The beds are fine and the peaceful location with a view of the Mendocino coast and a fireplace along with the jacuzzi tub... awesome. We came for a much needed break after my Mom had passed and always find a bit of Peace here on the Coast. The room comes equipped with a stocked fridge w/ free breakfast food and beverages. Although I am a gluten free person my partner loved His pastry and muffins. I love the sound of the buoys in the Ocean at the mouth of the Noyo River. It was a nice friendly environment and we get great customer service from the wonderful folks who run this place. We love to hike and explore the area so we do not spend much time in our room. Overall we look forward to our next trip up here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon D

I'm so glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and thank you for choosing the North Cliff for your much needed getaway! I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Mendocino Coast.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at North Cliff Hotel in Fort Bragg, CA. We enjoyed great views of the Pacific ocean and the mouth entrance of the Noyo River. Our room featured a wonderful gas fireplace and Jacuzzi tub looking out at the ocean. The room came with a all the amenities we would want with a two day stay. The staff was also very efficient, courteous and helpful. What it didn't have was a comfortable sofa or chair, and I would definitely bring my own pillow next time. The room and bath both could use some very minor maintenance. The hotel appeared to have changed hands recently and there seemed to be a makeover happening in the common use areas. If it hadn't been for the sofa and chair and simple maintenance I would have given them a 5 Rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dwayne P

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are in fact in the midst of a remodel and will have all new furniture in the rooms so when you visit us again I hope you will be pleasantly surprised! Thank you for staying at the North Cliff.