“Perfect Antidote for Stress”
Review of North Cliff Hotel

North Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice room with small refrigerator, microwave, big screen TV, and lots of storage space. View was wonderfully relaxing and ambient noise was low despite being adjacent to highway. Staff was uniformally friendly and helpful. Having to drive short distances to local attractions was small price paid for hotel ambiance along ocean and harbor. Stayed at another local hotel on previous trip and North Cliff is far superior in all categories

Room Tip: rooms at south end of building on first and second floor have larger lanai and better view of harbor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very happy to hear that you had such a relaxing time at the North Cliff and that you consider our hotel to be superior to others in the area.

We'll look forward to seeing you again!

-Sharon Davis

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights on the way up the coast. Great view and you can hear the ocean and the fog horn which was awesome for us. The room was huge and very clean and very comfortable bed. All rooms seemed to have a great view. The spa tub was wonderful but only used one night. The office is up a hill for breakfast or check out. So it would be limiting for one who can not walk. No elevator and has only stairs. You can access the beach but it is a little hike. I would stay at this hotel again. I see it is the best option in town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We definitely strive to be the best hotel in Fort Bragg and I'm thrilled that you feel that we are.

We'll look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the coast.

-Sharon Davis

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here twice 2013 an 2014.Travelzoo deal.Can get room with tub over looking Ocean or not.Both great rooms with refrigerators and microwave. travelzoo include breakfast an credit at Cliff restaurant. Hotel is locate on one end of Bridge an Cliff restaurant on other side. Check Cliff restaurants early bird deals an other. Great views. Across from North Cliff Hotel is a street that will take you down to the harbor. Neat little restaurants there also.Skunk Train, Botanical Gardens all close by. North of Ft. Bragg is a state park< Can't remember the name but do go explore.View whales , seals ocean views.We also add 2 more nights in Mediceno 8 miles south of Ft. Bragg.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean front views. gas fireplaces. extra $ can get tub
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The state park is MacKerricher State Park which is a must see on the Mendocino Coast. It's a great place to see the seals and for whale watching.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We chose the North Cliff Hotel off a recommendation from a bartender at Patterson's Pub in Mendocino. She said her and her husband stay at the North Cliff for special occasions. North Cliff Hotel is perched high on a cliff above the north side of the Noyo Harbor jetty in Fort Bragg. One thing that sold us on the idea was that North Cliff has rooms with oversized whirlpool tubs and fireplaces poised in front of bay windows with endless views of the Pacific. Upon entry to our room we were pleased to also find a small private patio, couch, coffee table, in-room safe and large shower & bathroom. Everything was very clean and well decorated. The carpet seemed brand new. We took a short drive to Silver's at the Wharf for a nice seafood dinner and returned with a bottle of wine to enjoy the views out the bay window. We enjoyed watching fishing boats return to the harbor at sunset and in the morning broke out the binoculars and actually spotted several whales heading north. The only ding we give North Cliff is for the weak continental breakfast with the standard cereals, hard boiled eggs, bagels, fruits and waffles. It wasn't something tasty enough to fill up on for a full day. They have a large breakfast/wine tasting area that could be presented so much better than it is. We would definitely stay at North Cliff again but if we wanted to be closer to downtown Fort Bragg and within walking distance to attractions like Glass Beach, Skunk Train, North Coast Brewery and more, we would consider the Grey Whale Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review! I really appreciate that. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms. The carpet and all of the furnishings are in fact all brand new.

We've had so much whale activity this year, it's been wonderful. I'm glad you were able to see some during your stay.

I hope we will see you again on your next visit to the coast. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very impressive from the moment you check-in. Very courtious clerk at the front desk. Offered my choice of wine by showing me the bottles. She then walked over to the window to show me exactly where my room was. Rooms are huge with microwave, fridge, safe, fireplace, seating area, huge flat screen and balcony with the best view. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff S

Hi Jeff S.,

Thank you very much for your kind words! I will be sharing your comments with our Front Desk staff as they pride themselves on providing excellent service. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Best place to stay in fort bragg! We had such a beautiful room and the view was so amazing. All the amenities were great: jacuzzi overlooking the ocean, mounted flat screen, breakfast, robes, real coffee maker and coffee was great, robes, bed was comfy with more than 4 pillows. We cannot wait to be back but we need to stay longer than two nights. :)

• Stayed: April 2014
NCHotel, General Manager at North Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you! We also think this is the best place in Fort Bragg! I hope you'll be able to plan a longer stay with us soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was looking for a very quiet, peaceful place to watch the waves on the rocks and sort of "Zen out" for a couple of days. The North Cliff Motel in Ft. Bragg, California seemed to fit the bill....especially since I was spending the next two nights with gal friends in Mendocino.

I chose the top floor (3 floors...no elevator) so I wouldn't hear footsteps, etc. from above. The room itself was lovely.....spacious and very clean and well decorated with vaulted ceiling... King bed, couch, lovely coffee table, gas fireplace, refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, and safe. A sliding glass door led to a small balcony facing the Noyo Harbor entrance and ocean cliffs to the north and south as well as having a large second window. Amazing view! Sunset!!

My only complaint is that the balcony is not really private. The balcony next to mine was only separated from mine by a small plywood wall. ...18 inches or so open on the bottom and 2 1/2 feet open on top. While you can't SEE onto the next balcony(except under) one can certainly hear conversations and the TV in the next room if the slider is open. The biggest negative was that my neighbors lit up cigarettes once they arrived and enjoyed them on the balcony...smoke wafting into my room!! There IS a sign saying NO SMOKING but I guess that didn't di(They even moved me immediately from my first room when I discovered the adjoining balcony had a small child on it. Not conducive for relaxation!)

Sincerely, it was a super room and I wanted to keep the slider open and hear the surf but couldn't due to next door sounds on the balcony. Surprisingly the road noise from the bridge right next door isn't much of a problem at all. I would not pay this much to stay again due to the lack of privacy (sound) on the balcony from next door....and maybe the slight irritation of the fog horn every 30 seconds!

Loved the free Internet, free breakfast, bathrobe , and spacious bathroom.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the bridge are quieter as well as ones on the top floor....but, no elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Mary P

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the room and all of our wonderful amenities. We do feel that our rooms have the best view in Fort Bragg.

I'm so sorry that the guest next to you was smoking on the balcony. We are very strict about our non-smoking policy and when it is brought to our attention we address it immediately.

I hope we will see you again the next time you plan a trip to the coast.