“Couldn't have been happier!”
Review of Coast Inn & Spa

Coast Inn & Spa
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked the same day of our arrival on a 3 day weekend because there were not many hotels available and truely enjoyed our stay. Our room was beautiful and clean, the hot tub was great to sit in and the massage therapists were incredible. Even though the hotel was not on the waterfront, the beach the access is very short walk and easy to get to. (You can even carry chairs and a cooler to the water.) The best thing about the hotel was the owners and staff. They were very welcoming and kind and made us feel like family!!!

Room Tip: Ask about the different room options - there are many to choose from!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had miscalculated our reservation dates at another location and found ourselves in Fort Bragg a night too early, with no place to stay. We stopped here to see if they had a room. The hostess was very welcoming. This is an old fashioned motor hotel - the kind where all the rooms are in a row with outside entrances and parking places in front of the rooms. We were looking for low price and minimal frills since we were spending an extra night on our trip that we had not planned or budgeted for. I would describe the Coast Inn as a step above a Motel 6 because of the large and nice jacuzzi tub in the central court. The room itself was spotless, but small. It had everything needed, though, including a small microwave, refrigerator, and coffee-maker. Our only criticism might be the water temperature. If you like really hot water for bathing, the water just doesn't get that hot. If you don't plan to spend much time in your room and are just looking for a clean and affordable place to stay for the night, this is your place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkateSand
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stayed here 4 out of our 5 trips to Fort Bragg. The rooms are reasonably priced for what you get. We wanted a clean room, bath, bed for the night and that is what we got. We spend our time in Fort Bragg not our hotel room except to shower and sleep but when in our room we are content. Chong is a wonderful hostess and it is always a pleasure for us to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We originally booked a 'quite room' only to find out it was very-very small, old, and next to the laundry room, soda and ice machines and only separated by a small driveway. It was advertised to have a deck ... only to find out it was really a small sitting area next to the front parking lot, and small, a 4' x 8' area at best. The owner, upon arrival offered and upgrade to a kitchenette for a fee. The room appeared to be improved, it was clean, however on the downside the so called fireplace was an electric heater that looked like a fireplace set atop a dresser. And, it didn't work the first night and we just about froze. The 4-burner electric stove wasn't working, nor did the oven, their was one (1) cup, two small plates, 2 glasses and filthy-dirty sauce and flying pan that I wouldn't cook dog food in. Two knives and forks ... no kitchen soap, no sponge, no drying clothes, spatula or large spoon. I'm uncertain what we were paying for? The curtains were clean, but of all things they were sheer materials and didn't block out the sunlight or nightlights ... not exactly what I'd call having any privacy! The hot tub wasn't working and the restaurant on site was closed! I would never return to this facility, ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Chong and her late husband created a magical and unique hotel you will never regret experiencing. Her dinners are fresh, healthy, and amazing. The hotel is a wonderful place to relax, unwind and heal. If you are looking for a running the mill holiday inn experience- this is not it. It's much much more.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Coast Inn and Spa is my favorite hotel on the coast. I love the owners, and it is an ecofriendly hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying on the coast. It is the best! They have a vegan restaurant and healing spa on the premise. The rooms are high quality, always clean, and updated. The location is great. It is very quiet. There is an organic garden behind the hotel and a wonderful shop selling many healing items.
Out of all the hotels I have stayed on the coast, this is by far the best bang for your buck. The rooms are equipped with flat screen TVs, coffee pots, and refrigerators with vegan coffee creamer. All the shampoos and soaps are not tested on animals, and there is a wonderful hot tub there, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
I honestly go nowhere else when I stay on the coast. This is my go to place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. I have stayed at other hotels, in Fort Bragg, for the same prices that were rundown, dirty, had holes in the wall, and offered no shampoos or soaps. Do not even waste your time with other hotels. This one is the best all around!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Before we stayed here I read the reviews and noticed the one that says they "discriminate against the disabled" and "have no ramps". I use a motorized wheelchair and when I booked the room I made sure I had one of the accessible ones. There are 3 rooms on the ground level that have a level threshold, the others do have a step or two to the door. There was also a ramp leading into the front desk area and a ramp going up to the jacuzzi area (and they did not look like they had just been put in). The room was not the largest but I still had plenty of room to navigate and the roll-in shower was great (two shower heads and an endless supply of hot water). I usually bring my own shower chair and I did use it because the bench provided was a little too far from the shower controls for me. The bed was very comfortable and it wasn't too high for me to transfer into like a lot of hotel beds are. We were not in the room much other than to sleep and get ready to go out exploring again. Chong was extremely nice and helpful any time we saw her and I did not feel discriminated against one bit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg
Beach House Inn
Beach House Inn
#10 of 23 in Fort Bragg

Been to Coast Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!